D630 comming in

clockwork247

ok so then the bootpack from our wiki should suffice replace the files in the extra directory on the usb stick overwrite the ones there

ok, i'll try that, right now i just have a problem reading the USB since I made it using a window computer, I can't really view the content, I'm trying to install ubuntu right now to see if I can read that USB drive.

ok, i'll try that, right now i just have a problem reading the USB since I made it using a window computer, I can't really view the content, I'm trying to install ubuntu right now to see if I can read that USB drive.

running ubuntu and still can't write to the USB drive because it's mac journalized... have to get into a mac to replace the folder... We'll keep at this till monday lol.

So this afternoon i saw an ad for a D620 without RAM and HDD and AC addapter for 40 bucks... I was like what the heck, let's grab it since I have 2GB of Ram laying around and an 80GB HDD... and my AC adapter for the D630.

Total damage

40 bucks + 3 bucks for HDD caddy off ebay.

I got it running SL just 2 hours ago...

I'm gonna use that and attempt to get my D630 run SL, gonna throw win 7 back into the D620.

Honestly it was a good deal for me, but I don't think it's good for anyone else.

Ac adapter = 15-20 bucks

HDD = 30 bucks

caddy = 3

2 GB of ram = 15.

at the minimum you have to throw in 60 bucks to make it work... so total would be like 100, the unit have some slight damage on the screen (1 small swatch about .5" at the corner where it's not visible unless the color is really light).. so it's not perfect. but for 40 bucks I got it up and running, it's all good :) I'll try to write a more extensive guide as a supliment to the wiki, i had so much trouble doing it :(.

Hi clockwork,

Great to hear that things are going well for you.

Cheers!

i'm running into another problem, I'm trying to replace the D430USB Pen's extra folder with the D630 extra folder, but i can't find it... the drive only has 3 things

install Mac OS X application

instructions (folder)

optional Insall (folder).

very weird.