E7440 Headphone Audio Big Sur OpenCore 0.6.3

Noswal

Hi,

I got Big Sur up and running using Jake's bootpack here:

Everything seems to be working perfectly with the exception of the headphone jack. It's just static when I plug in headphones. The audio icon changes to headphones, so I think the OS recognizes that I have something plugged in. I updated Lilu, AppleALC, and CodecCommander kexts and reset NVRAM. I'm not sure what else I can try to address this.

When I had Catalina on Clover, the ALC_fix worked. I'm not sure how to adapt that fix to OpenCore.

I can't attach my EFI folder since it's larger than 19.53MB, but it is mostly unchanged from Jake's guide with the exception of the three kexts I mentioned above.

I rebuilt the cache per your FAQ post. On reboot, I confirmed that CodecCommander was loaded through System Information. However, I'm still experiencing static. I still have CodecCommander in the EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Should I remove it from there?

Hi Jake,

I tried running that earlier, but wasn't able to get it to finish. I'm not sure how to get permissions to write to /usr/bin in order for ALC_fix to finish running. I tried changing all the /usr/bin references to /usr/local/bin in the install.sh, but I'm still experiencing static.