E7450: Sleep and caps lock problem!

chr0sy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@chr0sy I have 3 fingers swipe. If I go to System preferences -> Trackpad I have trackpad settings, and can change what I want, but with other ps2 kexts it did not detect trackpad and I only had 2 finger scroll.

The only problem for me now is this screen wake issue, either when laptop wakes from sleep, or when display wakes.

• Moderators

My E7450 has an i7-5600U and DW1560 wifi running Big Sur/Catalina/Mojave. I tried your files as is without changing anything but sleep still work just fine, wake in 1-2 secs. I reset NVRam just to be sure nothing is cached. 

Try on all 3 OS's and all wake up in 1-2 secs. So the issue might be elsewhere. Hervé's system also has i5-5300u as you both and he doesn't have any issue either. BIOS settings are the same. 

What type of drives are on your system?

I don't think it's Intel Wireless, I'll install and Intel wifi/BT and see...

I have Patriot Blast SSD 240GB, and Kingston 120 GB but haven't tried on that one.

I noticed when booting in verbose mode there is one place that is appears stuck, and that is those extra seconds, but it goes on after a while. So my first guess was that it has some problems reading drive.

I've attached screenshot of that.

photo_2020-12-23_20-15-57.jpg

• Moderators

I noticed you enter igfxonln=1 incorrectly. The 2nd to the last letter is an "el", not a capital "eye". But that doesn't matter either because I was still able to wake without issue. I also enable debug and verbose mode, both not seeing any issue or hang. I have a Samsung PM830 256GB SSD.

You could try updating the firmware on your SSD, but might need windows to do that or try different drive for testing.

I also replace my Broadwell Wifi with an Intel and no issue as well other than the Intel is not able to connect to Hidden networks.