ModCD boot problem

geeland96

so i have followed all the instructions fine, and now i'm at the booting stage. It boots up from the ModCD fine, but then when i swap the disks round and press f5, the "mac osx86" button goes and i am left with the 3 windows buttons. It does not come up with an "install snow leopard" button or anything. Now it will not even run my normal windows 7 again, i get the BSOD! Please help ASAP someone!

Well it's not the actual retail disk, I just downloaded the .dmg of it and burned it to a disk, i am trying now to download a different version of it, would you suggest anything else?

and ok thanks I will repair it with the windows dvd!

• Administrators

To the risk of sounding daft, if your existing HDD has multiple partitions, you may need to press the right/left key to see all available disks/partitions. The "OS X Install DVD" (that's the name you ought to see) may be out of sight for that reason...

Hi guys I know this is a older thread, But I will reply to this one to save starting up a new one.

I have the same problem but I have no windows partitions, When I remove the Mod CD I see nothing, :mellow: So I cant even get to the installation screen. I have a 10.6.3 Retail.DMG that I burned using Transmac at the slowest setting to a 8.5GB DVD.

Any thoughts? Would really love to get MAC OS working on my machine. :D

Kind Regards, :)

Olly

Specs:

M/B: Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/Usb3 (BIOS Build 2201)

CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 965 Black Edition @3.4Ghz

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperXBlue KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G (4X2GB Sticks)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD5670 1GB

2X LG SuperMulti IDE DVD-DL Drives