[Solved] Latitude 6230: stuck on Mojave installation

balrzoz

• Administrators

Intel Ultimate-N 6300 is meant to be supported by the recently developed Intel wireless tools but I still recommend you opt for a fully supported Broadcom card or a real Apple Card with a mini-PCIe adapter (eg: BCM94360CD). That's what I use in my E62x0 laptops and never regretted it for a second. You get full and native Wireless + Bluetooth services, just like on a real Mac and never need to worry about it again.

Tried to check out the FAQ on wireless cards, but How does one check what wireless card is in the laptop?

do I have to open it? I'm still total newbie.

thanks @Jake Lo

If I decided to stay with this intel ultimate-n 6300 AGN which one to install is it this one https://openintelwireless.github.io/?

haven't got the time to read the full article, will continue tomorrow
Also is this the adapter? https://www.tokopedia.com/ctr-group/adapter-wifi-bcm94331cd-bcm94360cd-mac-to-mini-pci-e-pc-hackintosh?whid=0

thanks @Hervé

• Administrators

Yes that's the adapter. We've got a fully detailed thread about this in the R&D->Wifi section. Look it up.

If you want to verify the model of wireless card in your E6230, it could be simpler: losen the sole screw that holds the bottom cover and slide it out. You'll see the card in the corner of the laptop; you can't miss it!

Hey, I was going out for a while, couldn't open my osx latitude account because I forgot my password for some reason.

Tried the open intel wireless kext and it works. but somehow it's still have some issues, like sometimes it did not detect any network nearby, restarting the device seems to works.

but yeah sometimes next months or so will definitely change my wireless card, and right now I'm still trying to complete my drivers.

and weird thing is, my laptop fan is busted. in windows or macOS. what a coincidence!

so Thank you very much for your generous help @Hervé, without you would've been loooong time to install this project of mine.😀

I still don't know how powerful this hackintosh is, will try to edit some videos or some photoshopping.

So do I need to mark this as solved?