Bluetooth adapters

Hervé

• Administrators

Ok, I have a MT362 BT adapter in the D630 and although it's detected, it won't work: can be detected and cannot detect anything.

I have a BT adapter in my Inspiron 6000 under Leopard and that works perfectly (I think I had actually removed it from the D620 a couple of years ago). I don't have that old banger with me at the moment, so cannot check the model.

Are there any models that are fully supported on the D620/D630 under Snow Leopard & Lion?

• Administrators

Well, I'm on a dual boot HDD with Win7/Lion. No problem in Win7, I can use BT.

The D630 is also my work computer for which I use a separate HDD with XP. And that's where the problem was: in XP, I always disable the BT radio when I'm not using it. You were absolutely right about the F/W flash because I enabled the radio in XP, shutdown the laptop, rebooted on my Lion HDD and bingo! Bluetooth here we go and without any changes to the BIOS settings.

'knew it had to be something stupid. I now have the same LED behavior as experienced on my Inspiron 6000 (for which BT worked from day 1): with BT enabled, the Wifi LED stays off all the time under Mac OS.