E7270: Any EFI available for Monterey ?

esmith1966

• Administrators

I run Monterey on my E7270 with same Clover EFI folder used for Big Sur. Since beta8, as explained in the Monterey and Clover threads at InsanelyMac, I just made sure to add the required ExtendedFirmwareFeatures / ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask parameters that add an "8" in front of the values used in FirmwareFeatures / FirmwareFeaturesMask. This removed the SMBIOS-related update issues so many of us encountered after beta7.

Here's the OpenCore 0.7.4 config I made based on Jake Lo's, currently running macOS Monterey 12.0.1 without any issues. FYI my E7270 has a Broadcom BCM94360 for the wireless card and ALPS V8 for the touchpad, so change whatever is needed for your version. Some models apparently come with ALPS V7 in which there's a driver by Skyrilhd that has better multitouch features.

EFI.zip

I honestly wouldn't know what screen the laptop originally came with along with its v8 touchpad. I bought it used/refurbished off eBay years ago and it came with a non-touchscreen 1366x768 and I replaced the screen with a 1920x1080 one because 1366x768 is too small for a number of apps. For a 12.5" screen it makes text small compared to what you're used to but your eyes adapt to it.