E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Hey Patel

Remember me? lol Well I have a progress report for you.

I have been busy for a while. Just got a chance to do an update since my last post. Well as it was my E6510 just crossed a major milestone. I realized my video was choppy and jittery along with the notification bar being pixelated and jumpy. I did some research and found out i did not have CI Core Image or QE Quartz Extreme functions. 

Well I stumbled around and found these Kexts that Gave me CI Core Image. This is after trying for QE and CI together then i had to dig the QE stuf out and re-installed the CI Core Image Kexts using Kext Wizard. Ok i then repaired cashe and permissions and rebooted.

My core image works perfectly now to my surprise. To prove it I went to System Preference / Screensaver and chose the first at the top left. If you see the pictures in the preview window then it is proof that CI Core Image is functioning.

I think someone posted the link to the QE/CI Guide earlier in this forum so i wont repost. Plus i dont think i have or dont know how to attach the Kexts here.

Do you think it is possible to get QE going on this E6410 at all? If not i am quite happy with things the way they are now.

I have the E6410 intel Grahics i5 8gig mem and 320Gig HD. I am actually writing this post on the machine right now.

Hello again Bigman (don't worry, I haven't forgotten you)! 

As far as I know, the E6410 has QE/CI already. I've tried opening DVD Player, disabling the Dashboard as space and adding a widget to see if there were ripples, and noticing an overall smooth experience to test it, all of which point to there being QE and CI with the current configuration.

Hi infamousdice,

If you are working on trying to boot the installation disk, try removing the DSDT.aml in /Extra and see if that works for you.

If you are trying to remove it from a recent install, let me know and I'll post the instructions with how to do it from the installation disk's terminal. 

Hi infamousdice,

If you are working on trying to boot the installation disk, try removing the DSDT.aml in /Extra and see if that works for you.

If you are trying to remove it from a recent install, let me know and I'll post the instructions with how to do it from the installation disk's terminal. 

so i have to boot into another hackintosh and delete the files?

how do i delete it?

sorry for the double post i followed everything that you said to do and the installation got farther this time but now i get stuck on the appleIntelE1000e: Ethernet Address 00:26:b9:ec:3b:65

i uploaded a picture so you could see 

Depending on the version of Mountain Lion you are using, try and replace the AppleACHIFamily& IOAHCIFamily.kexts with the patched ones from the first post.

Depending on the version of Mountain Lion you are using, try and replace the AppleACHIFamily& IOAHCIFamily.kexts with the patched ones from the first post.

replaced the 2 files and it still stays stuck on the same place, the code im using is -v to boot if i just let it load it stays stuck on the same apple logo with the spinning circle.