Dell e7470: OC Not Injecting Wi-Fi Patch

TechAndrew

Update: I replaced the DW1820A card in my laptop with the Intel AC-8260 card that came with the laptop along with the necessary Intel Wi-Fi/BT kexts and it is working fine. The DW1820A was previously working fine, even without disabling ASPM in my case... This all started right when I upgraded to Monterey 12.1, so I strongly urge those thinking about updating to 12.1 and above to make a backup.

• Administrators

I've no issue booting and running Monterey 12.2 on my E7270 with the DW1820A and the usual device property injections. I use Clover though, not OpenCore.

DW1820A_Prop.jpg

E7270_DW1820A_Monterey_12.2.jpg

In your particular case, I think the issue comes from your OC config. I don't know what version you use but the OC devs keep changing things every month and I was recently led to believe that STRING value type is no longer supported and requires to be replaced by hexadecimal DATA value type. If it were indeed the case, it could explain why you were not able to inject the required properties and, as a result, the freeze during startup...

But rest assured that, at the time of writing, there is no incompatibility between all existing Monterey versions and the DW1820A which remains 100% supported as per under previous macOS versions.