Lenovo ThinkBook 15p: unable to boot Monterey installer

djuby

• Administrators

Your iGPU device id injection is not only unnecessary but incorrect. Intel i7-10750H CPU integrates 10th gen UHD graphics (i.e. UHD 620) with iGPU id 0x9BC4.

When you want to fake an iGPU id, you need to inject the id in the correct endianness for macOS, i.e. lowest significant byte 1st. Eg: 0x9BC4 is specified "C49B0000 DATA".

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Device id 0x9BC4 is nativly supported in macOS as per WEG guide, so there is no need to inject device-id, correct?

And for AAPL,ig-platform-id, should I use one for UHD 620 or UHD 630?

Current SMBIOS is MacBook Pro 16,4. Should I use a different one?

Does it help to know that Windows reports 128MB dedicated video memory for the UHD graphics?

• Administrators

It's indeed natively supported hence why I said it was unnecessary to inject it since it's the iGPU's native id... But I understand that you may nevertheless need to fake id 0x3E9B. Se here.

For the rest, I invite you to read this:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8238-supportedunsupported-gpus-graphics-cards

Thank you for the referred posts. Really helpful to understand what is supported and what's not. For sure Intel doesn't make it easy.

From the second reference looks like this configuration worked on a similar laptop as mine and should work for me as well. Unfortunately I get kernel panic.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.36.27 PM.png