HP 850 G3 and Opencore 0.8.1

BogusBogey

Thanks @Jake Lo for your guide for running opencore 0.7.9 on the 840 G3. I was able to install Monterey 12.4 with OC 0.8.1 :)

My 850 G3 has the latest BIOS v1.55 (April 2022). 

I have only one error visible: Post report on reboot. Setting DisableRtcChecksum to Yes, didn't work.

So I disabled RTCFix patch and with installing the RTCMemoryFixup.kext and adding rtcfx_exclude=58,59,DF as boot-args I don't see the error anymore.

I noticed that you don't use the suggested SSDT by Dortania, don't we need those? (SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP.aml SSDT-IGPU.aml SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml SSDT-PNLF.aml SSDT-USBX.aml SSDT-XOSI.aml)

Also your SSDT-840G3.aml is a lot smaller than the other files with the same name out there, was there so much bloat in the other files?

How do I know if my system is working ok? I don't SEE any errors...

Thanks for the assistance.

Eddie

• Moderators

all those ssdt are integrated into SSDT-840G3.aml or implemented in the config file or replace with kexts.

the ssdt is significantly reduced due to removal of battery patches, now using ECEnabler.kext only.

Yeah, I checked those out with MaciASKL, I see how much could be reduced. Thank you 👍

Do you know if tdisabling the RTCFix patch and with installing the RTCMemoryFixup.kext and adding rtcfx_exclude=58,59,DF as boot-args it's all good?

thanks @BogusBogey 

I'm stay with the package Jake posted here : 

almost everything works as expected, except bluetooth:

bluetooth audio works, file transfer too.  but airdrop can't detect other devices, while reversed scenario works.

I'm using Broadcom 94352Z from Lenovo, but it shows like this:

1683794758_ScreenShot2022-07-03at17_02_39.png.e8df1ede20162064ced05638da7039f7.png

not sure is that normal in Monterey?