D630 Dock Compatibility

seb43654

I too have managed to get the DVI (external monitor) working via the PR01X dock. but even with the laptop lid closed (docked). The OS still thinks the laptop's screen is available. i.e  I can move an application from the external vdu to the closed laptop screen and also the display settings show two monitors arranged.  

I presume this setup would put extra pressure on the CPU/GPU.

Any simple OS tricks guys to just have the 1 external monitor.

This worked well with D620 and SL but I think that may have been a DSDT hack. (HasLid) ??

Cheers

Hi,

sorry to activate this old thread again, but I have a D630 (nvidia) with the PR01X docking station and El Capitan running.

Now i want to just activate my external 23'' LCD (via DVI or VGA), but the notebook screen is always on (dual screen) and I can deactivate him.

Does somebody has a workaround? I tried it to avoid dual screen with the use of VGA (as a member above mentioned), but still same as with DVI.

Thanks,

Bacopilot

Bacopilot, SwitchResX should do the trick. You could probably use ControlPlane to trigger SwitchResX to switch display profiles. You could just run both screens side-by-side; I did it that way for years and I never had any problems.