Thinkpad X260: black screen with Ventura

EMU7989

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

You have to be more specific with regards to your statement about "using MBP14,1, SKL graphics settings".

OCLP is to patch unsupported systems. As such, if you want to apply the tool to your system, you have to apply it with MBP13,1 SMBIOS selected in the tool (not MBP14,1 which is a supported platform), then boot with MBP13,1 SMBIOS + -no_compat_check boot arg. 

I found that HDMI can be used to connect to the external display. The graphics card information is correctly displayed as "HD 520 2048MB", and the brightness of the built-in display can be adjusted. The built-in display will light up, but there is no display

image.thumb.png.e012dcd6d42bd51d5996c0b71a991411.png

image.thumb.png.083920d1bcf0978621a051fcc45482a4.png

I compared the IOReg files under monterey and ventura, and found that the system under ventura failed to recognize "Apple Display". Is this the reason for the black screen (I used an external display, KBL graphics settings)

• Administrators

For your info, on a laptop Hackintosh:

1. internal built-in screen usually is -if not always- attached to FB@0 (i.e. con0) and should always register as AppleBacklightDisplay.
  2. external screens usually are attached to FB@1/@2/@3 (i.e. con1/con2/con3) and should always register as AppleDisplay.