E7450: Intermittent and sporadic trackpad gestures on Ventura

Justin Wallis

One finger normal mouse movement / navigation works perfect and is not laggy at all.   Everything else, All 2-3 finger gesture (scrolling, pinch zoom, etc)  is Intermittent, it only sporadically works about 1/4 of the time. It also causes the mouse to randomly jump around some of the time.   

When this happened in previous years, i had a magic trackpad at the time, which somehow fixed the scrolling issues. But i don't own this anymore. 

The same thing happens for all 8+ E7450's that i have running.  I'm using Jake Lo's Guide linked in my sig.

anything i can try?  :) (Ventura 13.1) Thank you!!

It still does the same intermittent scrolling thing with both voodoos, tried separately obviously.

My EFI from your Ventura E7450 tutorial but with SkyrillHD's Voodoo (taken from your E7450 OC 0.7.9 Monterey EFI) added to the plst and kexts folder (and newer voodoo taken out).

Same thing happens with the EFI with Dortania's voodoops2controller or the Intel Version of the EFI, Both taken and made from your Ventura E7450 tutorial.

Video Example:  ( I'm scrolling in the finder window the whole time. The mouse Jumps around and it barely chooses to scroll. )

VenturaNoScroll.thumb.gif.e6e861e07e179ad3a375762b5913265f.gif

Clones and Everything else is working wonderfully though. I may just have to only use a mouse or buy a mac trackpad (haven't tried other external trackpads yet).  

I will check if same thing happens on E7450 Monterey installs with both voodoos.

• Administrators

The (now) old PS2Controller kext from Dr Hurt (version R6 compiled by Bronxteck) for Alps touchpads should work Ok on the E7450 platform. Certainly did on all my old Sandy Bridge to Broadwell E Series laptops: E6220, E6230, E6440 and E7250. Said kext is available in our R&D->Kernel Extensions forum section and in my E7250 guide.

• Like 1

Scrolling is fixed (although still a little bit jumpy compared to my precision ventura build) with the alps version that jake uploaded (Just had to turn the tracking speed all the way up).

I don't really need the other gestures anyway.  Maybe one day i can have both, but for now, this works. Thanks again!!

*I will try the "PS2Controller kext from Dr Hurt (version R6 compiled by Bronxteck) for Alps touchpads" next to see if it's any better or different

---------------

I'm sorry, so I'm realizing that all the kexts act in the same way, and that the issue is unrelated to kexts and must be a physical problem with the sensitivity of about half of the trackpads of my E7450's. I'm guessing because they are all used laptops. I will try replacing the plastic pad, then see about replacing the trackpad if necessary.

Thank you for helping me diagnose. and sorry about wasting your time