I installed using the same method as the e6230

i get all the way until the patching stage

i ran the patcher with the same settings

the screen shows a logo with a progress bar then it goes blank

Seems like this happened when the graphics driver is supposed to kick in

What do I do now?

• Administrators

So...

• you installed Ventura Ok, albeit without graphics acceleration, right ?
  • you applied the OCLP root patches with the settings detailed in my E6230 guide ?
  • on reboot, blank screen when graphics are supposed to initialize ?

You'll have to be more specific and, say, post your (default) config as I suspect you got something incorrect there. Possibly a mismatch between the SMBIOS in your config and the target SMBIOS (MBP10,2) selected in the OCLP settings. If your config is not set with the same SMBIOS as selected in the patcher, I don't think it'll work... It should be obvious but maybe you missed that essential point.

On 2/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, Hervé said:
  • you installed Ventura Ok, albeit without graphics acceleration, right ?
  • you applied the OCLP root patches with the settings detailed in my E6230 guide ?
  • on reboot, blank screen when graphics are supposed to initialize ?

Yes to all.

On 2/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, Hervé said:

Possibly a mismatch between the SMBIOS in your config and the target SMBIOS (MBP10,2) selected in the OCLP settings.

Unsure about that...

I am using the exact files that are in the zip package... only the serial numbers are modded...

attaching the config file and the boot screenshot

0D7EAB92-69A7-472C-B049-CAC3DDA1ECBB_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3e15cb8caecb90004dd40dbbf61d886d.jpeg

EFI.zip

I am wondering if the OCLP patch went through OK... When I ran OCLP... it downloaded some big package that had "pk" in the name that was not seen when I did this on the E6230

• Administrators

My E6230 pack contains patched DSDT, SSDTs or kexts that apply to the E6230; they do not apply to your E6530 especially as it's a model with NVIDIA graphics and totally different CPU. It should be obvious not to re-use the E6230 pack "as is" on your E6530 and you should re-use the ACPI patched tables and most kexts (eg: for USB ports) you were previously using on your E6530.

• Administrators

Can't really help much without proper troubleshooting info. You asked if the method I described in my E6230 guide would work on the E6530 and I said "try it", not "grab everything meant for the E6230 and apply it".

You said you had Big Sur running on that E6530 before; well, take that setup and adjust it for Ventura by adding the kexts and config changes I described in my E6230 guide:

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient kext (of Monterey origin)
  • pre-patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext (of Monterey origin)
  • if you use those (something entirely optional), updated FakePCIID + FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts, the old versions causing KP
  • CryptexFixup kext
  • AMFIExemption kext
  • -crypt_force_avx and amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 boot args
  • SMBIOS MBP14,1
  • of course, it's advisable to update Lilu & its PlugIns to latest versions so that you run versions that support Ventura (but really should go without saying)

I don't even know if you're using Clover or OpenCore but assuming you use the former, follow the method described in my E6230 guide and have a dedicated MBP14,1 config file to start with. Also make sure your nVidia dGPU remains fully disabled. Once you run OCLP, do target the SMBIOS of your original bootloader's config, whether it be MBP9,x or MBP10,x. I've no idea on the matter and you've not be forthcoming with any specific info on anything. All in all, just try and apply good common sense. Once you've completed the OCLP root patching, you simply reboot and run with the same config file you used for Big Sur.

Do not go for Ventura 13.3 beta, stick to mainstream releases.

Maybe you should have experimented with Monterey to begin with, at least for the OCLP patching if nothing else..