Elitebook 840 G3: Fixing battery percentage and closing lid to sleep without SSDT-840G3?

Lost-Entrepreneur439

The patched SSDT you linked to in that EFI not only didn't solve the issue, but it actually broke the SSDT entirely, both sleeping by closing the lid and battery percentage stopped working. Honestly, I just want to move away from that SSDT entirely, I don't think there's any hope of patching it to work properly with Windows 8.1 and surely it's functionality can be recreated just with 2 SSDTs that fix the sleeping issue and the other that fixes the battery issue.

DSDT.aml.zip

ECEnable.kext it should activate the battery functions. I used the kext and deleted the ACPI patch. I repeat SSDT-Rehabman was destined for Clover until 2017\2018 then Opencore arrived but Rehabman withdrew and no longer updated his works.

If you don't want to do big work in your EFI you can use Opencore Mod_NO ACPI .... This version is like Clover not forcing ACPI file upload on other OS.

Try this EFI Ioreg if it ALWAYS boots.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17bYQYdxXE3NxSySodRrR_cqFj6EDW0HD?usp=share_link

List of changes from the base EFI: Removed Battery EC parts , removed rename in config . Removed SBUS SSDT, do not use with VoodooRMI. The USBPort kext was based on SMBios 13.1 I adapted it to Ventura by editing the plist. SSDT should boot windows from opencore now. When I read ioreg I will try to improve further