[Solved] D630 (GMA X3100): Blinking white line when attempting to install Snow Leopard

Lost-Entrepreneur439
Go to solution Solved by Hervé,

Doing those bootargs gives the same result, as I mentioned in my last message (you might've missed it), I believe it's a problem with the fact the pack is designed for 10.6.8 and I'm using 10.6.7, I'm going to either need to find a way to upgrade my USB to 10.6.8 without myHack (I no longer have access to it since I wiped the weird Snow Leopard distro I used just for myHack, I now only have access to Catalina and later which myHack doesn't work on), or I'm going to need to modify the pack to work on 10.6.7

Edit - Setting up a 10.7 VM to make a 10.6.8 myHack USB

Edit 2 - can't figure out where to find a bootable 10.6.8 dmg -- doing Lion instead

• Administrators

Re: Snow Leopard, you can only use Retail versions to install it. All the others are recovery versions that lack the complete set of installation files and can only by used on real Mac computers but not for installation on a Hackintosh. There are only 3 retail versions: 10.6(.0), 10.6.3 and 10.6.8. It's not difficult to find one of those on the Net to be honest, mostly 10.6.3 with which my bootpack works and you'll be able to update straight to 10.6.8 thereafter.

Lion (and Mountain Lion) is a different story since Apple released 10.7.5 for free only a couple of years ago. See here.

Well, it seems to not be an issue with 10.6.7, as I tried 10.7.5 (with the 10.7.5 pack) and it's showing similar behaviour to Snow Leopard, except instead of hanging on the C-State thing after the first reboot, it panics on the C-State thing in the installer. I got Snow Leopard from the Internet Archive, and Lion from Apple. Would you have any ideas on how to fix that?

• Administrators

As I said, 10.6.7 is no good, forget it. Only use 10.6(.0), 10.6.3 or 10.6.8.

All the packs I posted all those years ago were tested like a million times so rest assured they're bullet proof. It must be something you do incorrectly with myHack. Remember that it's a 2 step process where you 1st build your USB installer, then add the bootpack to the USB installer. Do not miss that 2nd step.

You still haven't replied: what CPU do you have in that D630?

• Administrators
  • Solution
1 hour ago, Lost-Entrepreneur439 said:

[...]then copy the bootpack (this is the folder called "Extra", right?) to the USB drive. [...]

That's where you get it wrong. To apply the bootpack, you have to run myHack and load/apply it with myHack, it's one of the option in the pop-down menu (called "Install Extra" from memory). Copying/pasting it to the USB key won't do.

Please note that T7250 is a little Merom CPU running at 2.0GHz and fitted with only 2MB L2 cache. Performance won't be great, even more so if you run off a mechanical HDD, whether 5400rpm or, preferably, 7200rpm.

• Administrators

You may of course update to 10.6.8, it's totally safe.

DW1395 is not natively supported and needs a Broadcom patched kext (or a kext patch) as indicated in the Wireless cards inventory for which I gave you a link earlier. You should find it on the forum through a search but here it goes...

Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext.zip

Unzip the kext and place it in your /Extra/Extensions folder, then run myHack->myFix and reboot. You'll then have working wireless.