Help for E6430, osx installed but what drivers?

asinelloubriaco

Then Chameleon isn't installed on that partition.

How many partitions are on the hard drive? It looks as though you have a MyHack USB installer drive, and also put a MyHack partition on the disk. (Disk Utility will show you this.)

If you put a MyHack OS X installer partition on the hard drive (Like I did.), then you have to be in the "MyHack" partition to be able to see the "boot" file. Unless, of course, you install Chameleon to the "OS X" partition (Again, like I did.). (Be sure to wipe the "boot" file from the "MyHack" partition before you do this, and also make sure you replace it before you attempt to boot from it again!)

Ok, I am now running the latest version of Chameleon. Booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it booted fine but still same issue..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am now running the latest version of Chameleon. Booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it booted fine but still same issue..

I only hopped in to help you get Chameleon installed. I haven't had any experience with the HD4000, so I really can only give you general pointers.

I'd try first detailing your system specifically. For example, we currently have no idea even what version of OS X you are attempting to install. This makes a difference, because the Intel HD4000 isn't supported in Lion, but it is supported in Mountain Lion. (I see now that the 10.7.5 update brought HD4000 support to Lion.)

Next, I'd post a verbose boot output. You can get this info from opening Console after booting verbose. Everything that happens during boot will show up in the Console, so save it as a txt file and attach it here. That will help us figure out where the boot process is losing your video.

Other than that, I'm lost. Hope this helps any at all.

I only hopped in to help you get Chameleon installed. I haven't had any experience with the HD4000, so I really can only give you general pointers.

I'd try first detailing your system specifically. For example, we currently have no idea even what version of OS X you are attempting to install. This makes a difference, because the Intel HD4000 isn't supported in Lion, but it is supported in Mountain Lion. (I see now that the 10.7.5 update brought HD4000 support to Lion.)

Next, I'd post a verbose boot output. You can get this info from opening Console after booting verbose. Everything that happens during boot will show up in the Console, so save it as a txt file and attach it here. That will help us figure out where the boot process is losing your video.

Other than that, I'm lost. Hope this helps any at all.

Yes you've been very helpful. My computer is a Dell Latitude E6430 laptop and I'm running Mountain Lion 10.8. I tried 10.8.2 but it forces me to disable virtualization in BIOS for it to boot at all so far I've had less issues with my retail copy of ML10.8. The error I get is the same no matter which method I use to activate the graphics. It says something about AppleCPUIntelPowerManagement. When I do a blank install of 10.8 I can boot with no issues. Once I install the No DSDT option from multifail I get the KP's about AppleCPUIntelPowerManagement. I tried the EasyBeast method in multifail and it boots but only works on HDMI and the image is completely distorted and the internal display on the notebook doesn't get an image.

It sounds as though you are having a problem with CPU power management because you don't have DSDT/SSDT.

I would get the machine to a bootable state (where the internal display works, even if with no driver), install a compatible NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /Extra/Extensions and boot with the No DSDT option in multifail. (I can't really condone this. We support myHack, not multifail/EasyBeast here at OSXLatitude.)

I would assume EasyBeast is thinking your HD4000 is a desktop model, and thats why it forces display out through HDMI. (This is the reason we don't support Easy/multifail. We didn't put the drivers in it. myHack lets you supply your own.)

Can you enable graphics support on the internal display at all? (I mean with QE/CI)

Have you looked into the link Bronxteck provided?

It sounds as though you are having a problem with CPU power management because you don't have DSDT/SSDT.

I would get the machine to a bootable state (where the internal display works, even if with no driver), install a compatible NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /Extra/Extensions and boot with the No DSDT option in multifail. (I can't really condone this. We support myHack, not multifail/EasyBeast here at OSXLatitude.)

I would assume EasyBeast is thinking your HD4000 is a desktop model, and thats why it forces display out through HDMI. (This is the reason we don't support Easy/multifail. We didn't put the drivers in it.)

Can you enable graphics support on the internal display at all? (I mean with QE/CI)

Have you looked into the link Bronxteck provided?

Yes on a vanilla install the internal display works fine but stuck at 1024x768. I apologize for the multifail thing. I am new to this forum, but I'd gladly take the myHack route (have a USB installed with it, but havent tried it yet). I did look at the link Bronxteck provided, but it's complete gibberish to me (I'm doing the best I can to learn lol).

Yes on a vanilla install the internal display works fine but stuck at 1024x768. I apologize for the multifail thing. I am new to this forum, but I'd gladly take the myHack route (have a USB installed with it, but havent tried it yet). I did look at the link Bronxteck provided, but it's complete gibberish to me (I'm doing the best I can to learn lol).

Its OK. I don't know how supported this model is, as I don't have one and I stick with the Latitude D series laptops.

We try to stay away from Easy/multifail because we just cannot support whatever drivers the developers place in their installers. They try to generalize their drivers so that it will work (basically) on a multitude of machines. We try to stick to specific machines where we can control the drivers that are used. Don't be sorry for using the multifail method. It can work. (It worked on my desktop, for the most part.)

The myHack method is only good if you have specific drivers (kexts) for your hardware. So if you know what kext controls your sound, touchpad/keyboard, graphics, etc... then this can be a very great method to get it running. However, the myHack general /Extra folder should get just about any i3/5/7/Core2Duo/Quad running. So if you install with the myHack method, use the general.

Have you tried using EDP? We support the Latitude E 64XX series notebook. Download (OS X has internet access, correct?)EDP and run it. It will ask for administrative permission and open a Terminal. Right off the start, update EDP. Then, after it updates, select option 1, then option 18 for the E6400-6500. Use the predefined settings and let it finish. Reboot and use the verbose flag. (Tap F8 at startup and input -v at Chameleon prompt.)

Let me know how that goes. If this works, I recommend a reinstall with the myHack/E6400 boot pack for a much cleaner install.