Help for E6430, osx installed but what drivers?

asinelloubriaco

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booted into myHack and immediately noticed the scaling of the Apple logo was exact. unifail stretched everything out. BUT I had a KP with myHack. It says there are 5 threads when there should only be 4. This is new..

Did you boot myHack with a specific boot pack?

Booted into myHack with the E6400 bootpack installed as an extra onto the USB. Loads everything just fine until it finishes loading the bootloaded then it asks me to select a device/volume to boot. I selected the myHack OS X Installer but it goes back to the bootloader selection screen.

Are you sure you created your myHack USB installer correctly? I try not to use InstallESD because I always get errors, but I've never had any problem using my App Store bought 10.7 full DMG.

Another thing you could try, is get OS X running any way you can. Then remove the Extra folder and replace it with the boot pack Extra folder, then run myHack to run a complete myFix on the drive. Reboot and see how that works.

Are you sure you created your myHack USB installer correctly? I try not to use InstallESD because I always get errors, but I've never had any problem using my App Store bought 10.7 full DMG.

Another thing you could try, is get OS X running any way you can. Then remove the Extra folder and replace it with the boot pack Extra folder, then run myHack to run a complete myFix on the drive. Reboot and see how that works.

I've also tried a base myHack install and clicking 'Use my own' for extras and installing the E6400 bootpack during installation and when it reboots it does the same thing on the boot loader. Not sure if this makes any difference but when I install vanilla OSX (no extras) it works fine and boots fine using the base myHack installer flash drive. Once I add extras to the flash drive and attempt to boot the OS partition is when I get these errors. When I reformat the flash drive with the base installation and use the flash drive bootloader again it boots up just fine. So I think it's something with the extras folder.

it could be look in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and see if it says arch=i386 or any mention of i386 and remove it. ml is 64bit only so arch-x86_64 or no description of arch at all in the Boot.plist

I forgot to mention I am using OSX 10.8 but the bootpack says it's for 10.7. I will look for the i386 in a few minutes. I'll post once I have that info.. Thanks

I forgot to mention I am using OSX 10.8 but the bootpack says it's for 10.7. I will look for the i386 in a few minutes. I'll post once I have that info.. Thanks

I'll just about bet thats the problem.

I am unsure how you are creating a vanilla install without the /Extra folder. myHack will always create an /Extra folder. (If nothing else, for the myHack.kext file.)