KBL HD620: Support in Sonoma?

KazuDante

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

No, you still get it wrong!

You inject AAPL,ig-platform-id with hexadecimal value 16590000 when it should be 00001659.

This is getting ridiculous not to say tiring when you were provided with all the correct settings on p1 all those weeks ago.

It would also appear that you inject:

• framebuffer-stolenmem with hexadecimal value 26000000 when it should be 00003001 (or no injection if DVMT set to 64MB or above)
  • framebuffer-fbmem with hexadecimal value 00000000 when it should be 00009000 (or no injection if DVMT set to 64MB or above)
  • see here for details and eventual further adjustments

In addition, make sure you boot with:

• latest version of Whatevergreen kext
  • relevant lilu beta boot args (-lilubetaall or -lilubeta -wegbeta -alcbeta)
  • SMBIOS MBP14,1 + -no_compat_check boot arg
  • -igfxonln=1 if necessary (mostly for HDMI output)

@Hervé I know those values are not the recommended one but the recommended one don't work at all . Since bios has no option to change dvmt I tested setting it around 63 since for many kbl I saw fbmem to 0 to see if something different would make a difference . Guess this weird kaby lake laptop can't be properly hackintoshed . 

• Administrators

Injecting value 16590000 for a KBL framebuffer is as useful as injecting value 12345678. It's invalid so will not get you anywhere. The list of valid KBL framebuffers is available in the WEG manual here.

Reminder:

Hexadecimal value 0x12345678 is injected as DATA value 78563412 in a bootloader's config.

@Hervé normally for platform-id I write 00001659 and for device I write 16590000 as recommended with the dvmt 32mb patch , I get a black screen with backlight on . Then I try injecting property into igpu for the latest alternative backlight registers showned in whatevergreens and still the same outcome , then I even tried bus-id patching from bus 00 to 06 to see if there's an output and still the same outcome and then even pulled EDID hex and injected it and still same outcome.  I think normally it should of worked since other HD620 don't even need all that to work properly , so I must assume HP did something weird on this laptop variant that macOS can't work properly with this laptop's configuration. That weird EFI that I stumbled upon to is the only one that gets graphic acceleration but can only use it as high as Monterey sadly . 

@Hervé so far only the I assume is a headless platform-id ( 0x59180002 and 0x59180003 ) and the invalid ID of 12345678 gives an output by internal display , all other kabylake related platform-id are black-screened and backlight. Spent the night and re-tried them all 😵

Edited by KazuDante
Wrote teied instead of tried