KBL HD620: Support in Sonoma?

KazuDante

that config was janked , found it at random and it was from a diff laptop that had a dgpu i think an rx470 (something like that ) and it worked on big sur but what it did was i guess spoofed my native kbl to a skylake and spoofed it to use kbl drivers , using same config on ventura and up does not work . So now im going back to trying to make it work properly .  this is my laptop https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c05392764

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Is your display 4K?

Can you set DVMT to 128MB?

I remember there's a setting in my HP Elitebook with HD520, I can set it but mine is only 1080p display.

Under  Built-In Device Options in the BIOS

set Video memory size 128MB

if you can, make sure to disable framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem in config file

sadly for me my bios is locked , cant change anything important . also tried to re-direct con2 to con0 and still blackscreen with backlight on , even tho i added backlight-register-alternative-fix thats meant for kbl. i seriously dont understand why this is so difficult when other HD620 users are already up and running fine 

16937479392756403966622645099845.jpg

16937479761222191924648234601399.jpg

@Hervé thank you , seems like i might be getting closer , i removed fbmem and only set stolen-mem , set it to about 30mb. rebooted , reset nvram but still got to backlight and black screen. many attempts at adding other tweaks like backlight fix backlight-alternatie-fix ... nothing still a blackscreen with backlight on . Then i looked at hackintosh tool since my only need is internal display i only set con0 in config  but tried something ( just testing ) i also set the connectors always connected to change the flags , copied over reaults of the alldat to con0. when rebooted and test ( after reseting vnram ) verbose loaded as normal until it gotten to the IGPU part then about less then 20 lines after the backlight dimmed slightly as if it was about to ouput a display . so thats a step foward.  Now even after reading busID patching im still confused . what i want to test out is to re-route for example con2'ouput to con0 so im asking whats need to be swapped to do that ?

• Administrators

You cannot "re-route" the output of one connector to another. Connectors correspond to physical video output ports. You can only patch the attributes/settings of connectors, that's all.

Why don't try booting your macOS installation, without the framebuffer memory patches, from a USB key ? All you need to do is install/copy your bootloader and existing bootloader's settings on the key, then adjust the config on it to remove stolenmem/fbmem patches.

@Hervé my bad i misread it , thats what ive been doing to test configurations to find what would get acceleration working , i had already tried  a minimal setup with no fbmem and no stolenmem , just the unified , at one point even tried just the AAPL-ig-platform of 00001659 then 09001659 , all those always end with a blacks screen with backlight on 😭