[[Template core/global/global/includeCSS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
[[Template core/front/global/followButton is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
EMlyDinEsH

ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver (Mac OS X)

Hello, I have a HP DM4 2075BR with the touchpad ALPS, I have tested all kinds of kext and they all do not work multitouch, the strange thing is that any one that I place works, but without multitouch !! post I tested all 2: Smatchtouch, EllanTouchpad !! the touchpad always work, but never with multitouch!
Someone can help-me?
I have sierra!

To get a working touchpad prefpane,

look at step 33-34 on this site:

http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/thinkpad-x220-macos-sierra-installation/

Works here with 10.12 (16A323)

Cheers :-)

PS:

@Dinesh

Im still using v4.2, because since then, the driver got worse & more worse...

4.2 is still perfect (scrolling) and bug free.

I dont know, but the driver gots to big and have to much code in it...

If you want and have time in the future, we can get together, like long time ago and improve it :-)

Yust would be much better in my opinion to rewrite it and remove as much possible code as you can, to get it small and clean again :-)

does 4.2 works on sierra ? because i got KP about AppleMouse something on the log

I'm on EL capitan. With this kext I can't get keyboard working but with voodooPS2 it works. Anyone with the same issue ? Thanks

yep, without any issues :-)

https://github.com/Ramalama2/Tools-Misc/tree/master/Kexts

Thats the version i use (with my plist options)

Thank you. It is indeed working better than the current version. Thanks for sharing :)

edit: i experienced some pretty annoying bugs with that one; touchpad stops working, touchpad tap gives unlimited refresh safari inputs...

I have that touchpad crash driver issue with 4.6.5 too...

Seems like the touchpads are all different, everyone need to find the best version himself...

Hi, as you said for pm only by weekend, here i'm sending you message cause i need your personal help since you are familiar with PS2 controllers, i have Asus N750JK with macOS Sierra and i'm using your Smart Touchpad for both Keyboard And Trackpad since they don't work naturally and you need to connect USB  Keyboard & Mouse. 

But i have serious problems which i guess only you can help me with. 

The first thing is Caps Lock, Caps Lock needs to be pressed twice or three times to turn on upper letter and two or three times to turn it off which is annoying as hell do and i need to fix it as soon as possible (the Caps lock problem persist in VoodooPS2Controller too so i guess it is something in configuration).

The second thing is that backlight and Fn+ functions on my keyboard doesn't work, there is no backlight, and only two Fn+ functions work, the one with F1 that puts computer to sleep and the one with F7 that turns off the display. 

The third thing is that when i press left button on trackpad and hold it it keeps doing the same action again and again and not only once at it should. 

The fourth thing is that when i walk in System Preferences/Trackpad, everything is blank as you can se on this imagehttps://s17.postimg.org/qzpcor7of/Trackpad_Blank.png 

The fifth thing as that the command key which should be windows key on my laptop is Alt for some reason so i need to fix that to. 

Please help if you can this means a lot to me since my work depends on this Hackintosh-ing cause i need macOS, i would be very thankful for your help! 

• Like 1