Is it possible install without acessing a mac?

Rboino

Hello.. here i am.. asking about.. to prepare the install .. i readed that i need to have acess to a mac computer.. to make a pre instalation.. right? or im wrong? can you help me.. i don´t have acess to any mac computer.. how can i solve that? to run up the files to dell d430 =)

Thanks.

• Administrators

There are ways, you would find several methods with a little Google help...

A D430 will run Snow Leopard and Lion, the former performing better on that small machine in my opinion. Now, in the case of Snow Leopard, you can use Nawcom's ModCD to install a retail version of SL. It's an ISO image that you download off Nawcom's blog (or other dedicated spaces like OSX86.net) and that you burn to CD to get a bootable SL installer package.

By default, ModCD uses a legacy kernel, but it nevertheless gets you to a Snow Leopard installation. That can be kept and fine-tuned with our EDP tool or considered as a temporary base from which you then create a myHack installer to get the OSXL-supported full vanilla (mach kernel) installation, whether SL or Lion.

So, in summary, Nawcom's ModCD + retail Snow Leopard (DVD or USB key) will get you going/started.

thank you very much for the info , today i talk to a friend and he give me the original cd from here MAc , now i am trying to install like you say. i give you a report then.

Report... -> it give me a black screen when i change cd to mac os install dvd lol :S

• Administrators

Mmm, what you need is a retail DVD version as that includes all installer files. Anything else will probably fail.

I take it you did not get something like a dual-layer DVD that your D430 wouldn't read, right?