Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Hello EMlyDinEsH,

Thank you very much for contributing to this community of people. You have helped solve my issue with my touchpad with your Elan Touchpad driver. The only issue at this point is my Brightness. When I use your brightness script, it works only sometimes. Is it possible to create a script like clover's to enable BacklightBrightness at boot? It is the screen brightness and the keyboard backlight that I am having trouble with.

I tried to apply your Haswell patches on my Asus Zenbook UX302, but there are errors in both DSDT editor and iMacASL. Here is my DSDT:

brightness script v1.1 is not working? it works but the brightness changes with little after boot. Tell me the problem with that script so i can look or solutions.

I've already helped a user with haswell in dsdt patches and its working very well. So, try to use the files from this thread: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5974-mavericks-1091-hm87-iris-5100-asus-ux301la/?p=32332 which is very similar to your as i've checked your dsdt.

brightness script v1.1 is not working? it works but the brightness changes with little after boot. Tell me the problem with that script so i can look or solutions.

I've already helped a user with haswell in dsdt patches and its working very well. So, try to use the files from this thread: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5974-mavericks-1091-hm87-iris-5100-asus-ux301la/?p=32332 which is very similar to your as i've checked your dsdt.

The brightness v1.1 sometimes works, but it's a gamble. The script loads every time, but the issue is that sometimes the screen turns a bright black after the login screen, so I cannot see anything but the black screen. I would recommend incorporating a brightness level in the script such as ".5,.6.7..." if you already haven't.

I tried your suggestion of replacing the files and I managed to get the battery to work, but the DSDT does not allow my system to boot, so I deleted it. I applied your Asusfnkeys.kext driver, and it claims to have loaded in verbose mode, but it doesn't work after booting. I cannot apply your patches to my DSDT because my DSDT contains 13 errors.

The brightness v1.1 sometimes works, but it's a gamble. The script loads every time, but the issue is that sometimes the screen turns a bright black after the login screen, so I cannot see anything but the black screen. I would recommend incorporating a brightness level in the script such as ".5,.6.7..." if you already haven't.

I tried your suggestion of replacing the files and I managed to get the battery to work, but the DSDT does not allow my system to boot, so I deleted it. I applied your Asusfnkeys.kext driver, and it claims to have loaded in verbose mode, but it doesn't work after booting. I cannot apply your patches to my DSDT because my DSDT contains 13 errors.

PM me with the details of your issues and specifications so i can help you. 

Are you from Germany? Or Russia? Write me a PM, and if you are using Clover, you can export your Tables (DSDT+SSDT) and PM it to me... I support ux301 and i can add support for ux302 in my github too...

Just PM me your Tables and ask me, which Card you want to use... GeForce GT730M or Intel 4400... From my point, i think 4400 is better to use, because it is more power save and for osx you really don't need the geforce card... there are no games or something else where you need more graphic power xD

Cheers :-)

Are you from Germany? Or Russia? Write me a PM, and if you are using Clover, you can export your Tables (DSDT+SSDT) and PM it to me... I support ux301 and i can add support for ux302 in my github too...

Just PM me your Tables and ask me, which Card you want to use... GeForce GT730M or Intel 4400... From my point, i think 4400 is better to use, because it is more power save and for osx you really don't need the geforce card... there are no games or something else where you need more graphic power xD

Cheers :-)

Hello, Ramalama I managed to get practically everything by flashing a newer version of my bios update. When I booted my system, everything was 1080p in clover and then after the login, I was able to control my display brightness. My keyboard backlight ins't working still(f3 and f4 keys). I am uncertain if my QE/CI is working, but everything seems to be working fine. I don't have a GT730M, but I do have the intel HD 4400.

I installed clover on an EFI partition and I am unable to access it for some reason. I have attached my DSDT and I will extract my SSDT using windows. Sorry I couldn't send a PM because it wouldn't allow me to attach files. Also, I am from the United States.

DSDT.aml.zip

I've been having a problem with flash and graphics power management in graphics and I've found something odd in the console. Whenever I plug in or unplug my power cord from my laptop, this message pops up:

2/12/14 5:02:35.000 PM kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: IGPU device not found

My laptop has no IGPU device as the manufacturer disabled the integrated graphics completely. Why is this kext looking for the IGPU device? Can I change it to the GFX0?

I've been having a problem with flash and graphics power management in graphics and I've found something odd in the console. Whenever I plug in or unplug my power cord from my laptop, this message pops up:

2/12/14 5:02:35.000 PM kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: IGPU device not found

My laptop has no IGPU device as the manufacturer disabled the integrated graphics completely. Why is this kext looking for the IGPU device? Can I change it to the GFX0?

Did you enable SoftBackLightPanelOff option in plist? This option is meant for only Intel IGPU's for controlling the backlight panel for turning off and some control.

Hello, Ramalama I managed to get practically everything by flashing a newer version of my bios update. When I booted my system, everything was 1080p in clover and then after the login, I was able to control my display brightness. My keyboard backlight ins't working still(f3 and f4 keys). I am uncertain if my QE/CI is working, but everything seems to be working fine. I don't have a GT730M, but I do have the intel HD 4400.

I installed clover on an EFI partition and I am unable to access it for some reason. I have attached my DSDT and I will extract my SSDT using windows. Sorry I couldn't send a PM because it wouldn't allow me to attach files. Also, I am from the United States.

Reply to the ramalama thread here : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5974-mavericks-1091-hm87-iris-5100-asus-ux301la/?p=32332 so he can help you as i've helped him for fn keys and also he did some good work with his haswelll dsdt.