(Precision Workstation T7500) SMP-2CPU-Hackintosh

//Zztony

Could you try this Extra folder?

Put it in your root, and delete the old Extra folder.

Remove VoodooHDA.kext out of /System/Library/Extensions

Move all the extensions of /Extra/Extensions to /S/L/E (because you use stupid unifail).

Fix permissions.

Made a myHack USB boot with 10.8.2 and installed to a new partition. First(initial) boot OK to new installed partition. Added the Extra from you, fixed permissions and it booted nicely(as before) with one cpu installed.

NEXT: will install second cpu and try again....

thanks//zztony

Still no luck with booting the 2cpu rig, panic during boot with a swift reboot. No chance to take a pic of the panic-error-message, but managed to film it with my FlipCam and snipped some screenshots from it(sorry for the bad quality)

thanks//zztony

post-58-032811900 1354707510_thumb.jpg

post-58-040500900 1354707517_thumb.jpg

post-58-087179100 1354707523_thumb.jpg

Hi, just like to join this thread as like Zztony, I also have the same setup, a Dell Precision T7500 with dual Xeon CPU's, and am very keen to get this running with both CPU's installed. Currently fully working with one CPU removed. I get exactly the same KP as Zztony with both CPU's installed. How can I help?

Kind regards.

I, too would like to add my voice to Zztonys' thread. I have been running lion on a single W5590 for over a year with very few issues. I would love to know if it is possible to run two. I doubt if I can be of as much help as speedyrazor though, as I only have one W5590 at present (I have the risers\heatsink etc.) I do have a 5503 - would I risk damaging the computer by installing such a mismatched pair?

Many thanks iMick and crew for the fantastic work you are doing, it really is greatly appreciated.

meant to say many thanks bronxteck, iMick and crew !!!

• Administrators

Multi-CPU computers are usually based on matching processors. That's what manufacturers always recommend. I would not expect the computer to work at all or work properly otherwise.