Dimension e520 tower AKA: DM061

AWD_Guy

Chameleon R2181 was installed with the MyHack version I used, and the Vostro 200 ATI kexts appear to be working though I don't get widget ripple, Screen saver preview/test and chess are working. I think that means QE/CI is working???

Still no joy with IOATAFamily after editing AppleIntelPIIXATA Info.plist regardless of BIOS settings. :( Any more thoughts?
Yes, I remove ahciportinjector

Tried booting with ahciportinjector off the internal, but no joy.

boot log attached:

At first, it looks like it can't load 82566MM but does later???

com.apple.configd appears to crash a couple times.

IOSerialFamily fails

Then the 82566 starts working
No mention of the ICH8 at all. :(

Boot Log 3-27 1052.rtf

• Administrators

What's "widget ripple"?

Do you have translucent finder menu bar? If it's translucent and you can switch between resolution in the screen preference panel (or through screen icon in menu bar), you have full QE/CI.

Look here, you'll see the difference with the menu bar: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2032-dell-vostro-200/

It stays plain grey when hardware acceleration is not active.

You are too quick. Edited last post and added log.

No translucent menu. Thought I read that when you drop a widget on the dashboard it should ripple. 

OH, bet I have to change chameleon back to GraphicsEnabler=Yes!!!  Testing

ATI I is correctly identified in System profiler.

I think you need to keep GraphicsEnabler set to 'No' for the injected (i.e. EVOenabler) to load. But try either anyway.

Correct. That was not it. But aparently trying it fixed it! Don't know how, but now I am translucent and widgets ripple. Yes, I restarted multiple times before with no joy. Weird. Maybe running MyFix again changed something, but did that before too.

Now for the bloody ICH8. Why would the ahciportinjector work, but not the IOTAFamily? Assume we need the later to work to be able to boot from it since it failed when I tried with the injector.

P.S. Chameleon Wizard has taken control of all my plistssssss. Stupid thing. Time to figure out where changing assocations went in SL I guess. OK, fixed that.