D630 + 10.6.6 = Airport not detected

Charles Albert

Hey guys, thanks for all the effort, you are really awesome! :D

I was looking through the links you guys posted and found this here: http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/319f8/d4xOSX_package_10.html

It's EXACLY my case: my HackOSX installation IS a leppy package \0/

I'm so excited :D :D

Ok, I will try it today, and post the results \0/

Again, thank you very much. This is the most awesome forum i've ever posted in my life :D

See you soon!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Followed the steps to install the new bootloader to the already working 10.6 in my Dell D630 with leppy package as explained in this link http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/319f8/d4xOSX_package_10.html, but it didn't worked. Maybe I didn't installed the EDP right, I followed the instructions

there, but I think that they are a little unclear. Here is what i did:

- Deleted the /Extra folder (compressed before to back it up)

- Extracted the extra.zip

- Navigated via Terminal to the Extra folder that was extracted

- Executed "edptool.command" (with sudo su permission)

- Chose to rebuild Kexts (option 1, I think) then rebuild from default (don't remember the option, I think it was c)

And when I restart, it stops at the loading screen, dimmed, with a dark grey warning asking me to reboot the computer. Have I done something wrong? Maybe chosen the wrong option? The Extra folder said in the instructions is the Extra folder that is in the root of the installation partition? The bootloader update / EDP installation can be done to any MacOSX version (installed on a Latitude, of course)?

As I write this, i'm restoring my 10.6 backup. Next, i'll try to just extract the Extra folder on the extra.zip over the Extra folder in the root of the installation (if that's the correct folder) and then, rebuild the kexts. I'll try rebuilding the kexts with all of those options. Then if it fails i'll try to create a USB install following those instructions in that link you posted early, and then if all else fails, i'm downloading that premade installation image as prescripted in that same link.

Speaking of USB install, it says about installing the bootloader in the usb drive, one of those instructions say something about a "correct destination". Where would it be?

Thanks for the continued help, y'all rock! :D

Ok, i DID IT (or kind of...).

Here's what i did:

1) Installed 10.6.6 update.

2) Updated bootloader

3) Unzipped extra.zip over Extra

4) Rebuilt kexts (options 1, a)

5) Rebooted (for the first time, really rebooted! Before now, it only turned off the screen, but kept everyting loaded.)

Everything loaded OK (faster than before, actually). But still no Wireless.

Differently from before (when there was the wireless icon, only disabled), now there's no wireless icon at all.

Went up to the System View and my wireless configurations from before ARE THERE, in the Network > Locations section. Here is what i see:

Under Network > AirPort:

Versões de Software:

Extra do Menu: 6.2.1 (621.1)

plug-in configd: 6.2.3 (623.2)

Visão do Sistema: 6.0 (600.9)

Preferência Rede: 6.2.1 (621.1)

Utilitário AirPort: 5.4.2 (542.23)

Família IO80211: 3.1.2 (312)

Under Network > Locations:

AirPort:

Tipo: IEEE80211

Nome do Dispositivo BSD: en0