D820 SL 10.6.0 problems installing

cooxl231

• Administrators

PCMCIA is supported with early releases of Snow Leopard, but breaks with subsequent releases (from 10.6.6 if memory servers me right). You'll be better off replacing the Intel 3945 PCIe card by a supported model such as one of the Dell DW models.

Hi,

I went ahead and ordered a Dell 1490 wireless card off ebay and some more ram. Hopefully they will be here in the next couple of days so I can install them (Probably one of the easiest laptops to work on).

In the meantime, I had to reinstall the OS since for some reason when I went to install the D820 bootpacks, it would hang at start up.

I went ahead and installed the D620 bootpacks again, and I got sleep and battery working no problem.

I still am having trouble getting the trackpad stable, its very inconsistent in terms of response.

Also, the audio still is not working.

Thanks for bearing with this noob! hackintosh is a whole new thing to me. :P

*EDIT* I was also wondering how can i update to 10.6.6 or higher without breaking anything? PCMIA i will not be using since I bought a new card which I will install when it comes in the mail.

• Administrators

You can update to 10.6.8 with the Combo update. Remember to re-run EDP upon update completion and before reboot. You should be able to use the D820 bootpack, as long as you replace its DSDT with that of the D620. Keep a copy of it at HDD root under a name like DSDT_D620.aml, so that you can always manually call on it (eg: boot option "DSDT=/DSDT_D620.aml"). After EDP, copy it back to /Extra under the name DSDT.aml.

• Like 1

is native speedstep enabled? you gotta get that running... really can help you. another tip: try getting voodoo PState menu... you need the kext but you (hopefully) will get it working