D430: No WiFi after updating Snow Leopard

Harkey013

Hi, I'm a new hackintosh user and I'm having problems with loosing WiFi (airport) after installing the 10.6.4 update or any of the Combo updates.

I have a Dell D430 with a Broadcom card and I used a Boot image (D620SLV1.iso) that I found while reading Alains Blog (Alain Morgado).

The boot disk runs flawlessly and let's me load Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail with WiFi working, but as soon as I update to 10.6.8 Combo and restart I can't turn on.

Any help would be welcome as I am very much a newbie that wants to learn.

Cheers, Ken.

• Administrators

First, identify the exact model of your broadcom card. It may just be a matter of adding/replacing/patching a kext.

Second, if you have a copy of retail SL 10.6.3, I would suggest you try our OSXL installation method (myHack + bootpack followed by fine-tuning with EDP). We fully support the D430 model for SL, L. Have a look at the various EDP pages of our Web site.

We also have a guide to install ML in combination with an external "hack". You'll find the guide in the EDP->Supported models section of the forum.

Hi Herve, after a few reinstalls and trying to get my head around the Mac way of doing things I got my D430 running with the latest SL.

it has been running for a couple of weeks now decoding my DVD collection onto iTunes. My only problem is lack of SD card support and waking from Hibernation, both items are very minor and I can live without them. I haven't tried it yet but is the PC slot able to work under SL?

Regards, Ken.

• Administrators

Hi, the SD card reader is unsupported (IRQ conflicts with LAN NIC). PC Card slot is supported up to 10.6.6 if I'm not mistaken, then unsupported afterwards.

Wake from sleep is supported as long as you setup your laptop the right way (BIOS + hibernation mode). Do a little search on the forum about it.

Hi Ken,

Easiest solution is to change the card! I've several D4xx laptops all running SL 10.6.8 to which of each I fitted an...

ATHEROS AR9281-AL1E 54.03345.011 NK4703.00C HB91-XB91 54033450119121664B2000 card.

This is seen/reported as a native Airport Extreme Card in System Profiler supporting 802.11 b/g/n - see attached image at foot of post.

eBay is your friend...

If you work VERY slowly the swap/installation could take as long as 5 minutes!

Good luck!

Ian.

Portsmouth,

UK.

post-3164-0-04946500-1373742084_thumb.png