E6430 - Can't Boot USB

cuppscakes

Jake, what changes were made to the Capri kext for this version of MacOS?  And can they be done for ElCap too? 

I followed the Dell Latitude/Inspiron/Precision/XPS -  Clover Guide and it is mostly working.  I'm still monkeying around with different versions of the PS2 kext from the ALPS post - trying to find something where the trackpad works and there is no kernel panic.  But my main problem is the HD4000 display artifacts.  The guide says not to go past BIOS A11.  I'm on A16.  I think I upgraded for some reason and I'm worried about going back and discovering some other issue.  So I figure if I can fix the Capri kext like you did here, then I have something workable with the A16 BIOS? 

• Moderators

The patches can be done on the Fly with Clover. No the patches are for single / dual link for different resolution, it will not fix the artifacts issue if you go beyond A12. You'll need to go back to A03 to reset some settings and then to A12.

A few were able to use latest BIOS version if they replace the display panel with one that's not originally from Dell. Although I had recently read another member has update to the latest BIOS running High Sierra and no issue there. I had not confirm it and not sure if he has different brand of panel either

For touchpad, use this one. Will support up to the latest High Sierra.

Interesting, thanks. Any guess on what changed in the BIOS? Maybe something with vram? And no way to change a flag to fix it? Okay, I’ll give A11 a shot.

I found a version of the PS2 kext that didn’t kernel panic and that tracked correctly and that allowed caps lock to work. I think it was the “Jake Lo 3” version. All set with PS2.