EMlyDinEsH

Startup Brightness Fix

You can't just drag the file, you have to compress it and attach it from "More Reply Options."

There's installing package, you can manually copy these file to the right location. Note from guide.

Note: My script just copies the BrightnessFix to the folder /usr/bin and brightnessFix.plist file to the folder /Library/Launchagents.

Sorry, first time posting, 

I actually just noticed , the max brightness does work, just not at start up, 

Is there a fix for? I'm using Intel HD4000 graphics 

did you follow the guide and edit the plist file to the desire brightness level? then place the files in the location specified?

I edited the plist to 1.0 (max brightness which is my goal) and moved it to library/launchagents.....

Was there anything else I needed to do?

Note: My script just copies the BrightnessFix to the folder /usr/bin and brightnessFix.plist file to the folder /Library/Launchagents.

Since you did the plist part, you still need to copy the binary to /usr/bin

Wanted to know if this fix will work on a Thinkpad T510. My brightness  settings are also not getting saved on 10.11.5. So if I can at least start computer with desired brightness instead of 100%, that would help.

Thanks Jake. Bookmarked that URL for future reference. However, my brightness issues got solved by simply installing RehabMan's IntelBacklight kext. I was using ACPIBacklight kext earlier.