EAPD/Jack sense Fix (No sound and jack sense issue after sleep)

EMlyDinEsH

• Administrators

[...]

Editing plist file to enable the Fix for your codec:

Open the "info.plist" file inside the EAPDFix.kext and look at the section "IOKitPersonalities->EAPDFix->Preferences".  You need to config the following values from there:

• HDEFAddress - Add the address of the HDEF device if its not listed in plist.
[...]

As stated in post #1, it's the IO address of the audio device. You'll find it in the DSDT or in IOReg via any explorer tool such as IOJones, IORegistryExplorer, ioreg command line (e.g.: ioreg | grep HDEF) or similar.

* DSDT example:

Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
            [...]
        }
`

* IORegistryExplorer example:

IOReg_HDEF.png

* command line example:

E6230:~ admin$ ioreg | grep HDEF

| |   +-o HDEF@1B 

In the above examples, HDEF audio device is found at address 0x001B0000. In the Info.plist file, this will be reflected as follows:

[...]
<key>HDEFAddress</key><array>
<string>1B</string>
[...]
If the device were at address 0x001F0003, the entry in Info.plist would be:

[...]

<key>HDEFAddress</key>
<array>
<string>1F,3</string>
[...]
Basically, it's written as a single byte (without heading zeroes) or a pair of comma separated bytes (without heading zeroes) if lower byte is not null (0x0000).

Hello,

Laptop AppleHDA audio plays just fine before sleep mode, but I cannot make sound work after sleep mode. Laptop configs: Nvidia MCP79 chipset, ALC888S-VD codec, HDEF adress in DSDT: 0x00080000, OS 10.12.5. I try to use EAPDFix v2.3.5 using Fix types 1 to 3, but kernel gives this even before sleep mode..

kernel: (EAPDFix) EAPDFix: Failed to find Audio device HDEF

In CodecCommander change log is written:

"Add support for nVidia MCP79/MCP7A HDA controllers that do not report EAPD state when reading response from IRR. A workaround is applied if such a chipset is detected to limit PIO count to 4, which is enough to keep speaker and headphone EAPDs enabled in 10.9.2+"

I think that's the problem. I will try to get work CodecCommander, but if you have sugestions with EAPDFix I will try it also, because it's doesn't work with default CodecCommander.

Archive.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

card0-codec#0.txt