EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 4 released

Leon

I have a D620-Nvidia (A10 bios) with AsereBLN 1.1.9 bootloader (and Dell 1390 wifi) running 10.6.5 using EDP 1.5rc2 with the wifi fix (copying IONetworkingFamily.kext from /S/L/E/)

I tried 1.5rc4 selecting the following in edptool:

1: rebuild kext config

4: d620-nvidia

2: ps2: voodoo

y: audiopack

y: lanpack

y: powerpack

n: pcmcia

Boot hung: (see attached photo) post-21-083503100 1293650979_thumb.jpg

PS2Controller: Created dev /ps2controller

Using new IRQ layout 0,1

ApplePS2Trackpad: ALPS GlidePoint v8.99

(hung)

Has anyone tried 1.5rc4 with a d620-nvidia running 10.6.5?

I noticed the differences between my "working" /Extra (modified 1.5rc2) and the 1.5rc4 attempt are:

- dsdt.aml

- AppleACPIBatteryMananger (rc4) instead of VoodooBattery (rc2)

- com.apple.boot.plist

- Extensions.mkext (of course)

Another thing I noted is that kexts in /Extra/Models/kextpacks/*/*.kext are NOT the same as the ones already in /Extra/Extensions when you unpack the zip file. That is, there are a couple where /Extra/Models/kextpacks/*/*.kext is an *older* rev than in /Extra/Extensions, e.g. audiopack: OSvKernDSPLib and lanpack: IONetworkingFamily -- Is this intended? Why are there newer version in the Extensions/ directory after unzip, but not in the Models/kextpacks/ directory?

Thanks!

-badpens

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a D620-Nvidia (A10 bios) with AsereBLN 1.1.9 bootloader (and Dell 1390 wifi) running 10.6.5 using EDP 1.5rc2 with the wifi fix (copying IONetworkingFamily.kext from /S/L/E/)

Boot hung:

I've made some progress. I replaced the dsdt.aml that was in the 1.5rc4 /Extra/Models/D620-nvidia directory (that gets copied to /Extra) with the one that all of we d620 owners uploaded (they are all the same as far as I can see), and it boots now. I have sound and now the DVD drive works. (Very cool to have DVD working!)

However, closing the lid no longer puts it to sleep. Sleep from the menu bar works, and it wakes up fine (with the BIOS password, et al), but closing the lid used to put it to sleep and it doesn't anymore.

I noticed that the release notes for rc4 included:

13.12.2010 Leon Updated the dsdt.aml in Models/d6x0-nvidia to the one that is used with the cps

(should that be "xps"?)

Why use that dsdt.aml and not the dsdt.aml that we d620 owners uploaded? Is the dsdt.aml in the /Extra directory normally different than the one we generated from the machine? (Pardon the question, I don't fully understand the DSDT stuff.)

Another thing I noted is that kexts in /Extra/Models/kextpacks/*/*.kext are NOT the same as the ones already in /Extra/Extensions when you unpack the zip file. That is, there are a couple where /Extra/Models/kextpacks/*/*.kext is an *older* rev than in /Extra/Extensions, e.g. audiopack: OSvKernDSPLib and lanpack:

IONetworkingFamily -- Is this intended? Why are there newer version in the Ext

ensions/ directory after unzip, but not in the Models/kextpacks/ directory?

Should we be using the newer versions of OSvKernDSPLib.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext that are in the /Extra/Extensions after unzip?

Thanks again for all the great work.

-badpens

• Administrators

I've made some progress. I replaced the dsdt.aml that was in the 1.5rc4 /Extra/Models/D620-nvidia directory (that gets copied to /Extra) with the one that all of we d620 owners uploaded (they are all the same as far as I can see), and it boots now. I have sound and now the DVD drive works. (Very cool to have DVD working!)

However, closing the lid no longer puts it to sleep. Sleep from the menu bar works, and it wakes up fine (with the BIOS password, et al), but closing the lid used to put it to sleep and it doesn't anymore.

I noticed that the release notes for rc4 included:

13.12.2010 Leon Updated the dsdt.aml in Models/d6x0-nvidia to the one that is used with the cps

(should that be "xps"?)

Why use that dsdt.aml and not the dsdt.aml that we d620 owners uploaded? Is the dsdt.aml in the /Extra directory normally different than the one we generated from the machine? (Pardon the question, I don't fully understand the DSDT stuff.)

Should we be using the newer versions of OSvKernDSPLib.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext that are in the /Extra/Extensions after unzip?

Thanks again for all the great work.

-badpens

Hi,

Let me try and sum this one up.

Right now we dont have any D620 testers, so thats why the whole D620 is a bit of a blind spot, also, in 1.5, we have seperated the models a bit more (as you properly have noticed)

As for the OSvkern.. and IONe.. those are being updated in RC5 as we speak.

Can you please attach the dsdt.aml that you are using and a bit of info about ur machine.. eg. D620-intel or D620-nvidia ?

Could you please add

Hi,

Let me try and sum this one up.

Right now we dont have any D620 testers, so thats why the whole D620 is a bit of a blind spot, also, in 1.5, we have seperated the models a bit more (as you properly have noticed)

As for the OSvkern.. and IONe.. those are being updated in RC5 as we speak.

Can you please attach the dsdt.aml that you are using and a bit of info about ur machine.. eg. D620-intel or D620-nvidia ?

Could you please add

No problem -- I figured *I* am a D620 tester... :-)

I am now using the d620-nvidia dsdt.aml from http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/e36a2/DSDT_Collection.html, md5 of a58dc5557d401d9391220a27ccd60c2d, attached here: dsdt_d620_nvidia_a10_badpens_with_1.5rc4.aml.zip

I have a d620-nvidia with A10 bios Dell 1390 wifi, running 10.6.5. (anything more to add? I will update my signature.)

Thanks.

-badpens

• Administrators

The DSDTS that are uploaded to the Wiki should be "Raw" in other words Unmolested true Bios dumps no alterations, Then you take that "Raw" Bios dump and modify it so that the Mac OS thinks its accessing Mac hardware instead of DELL hardware... But you have to know where and how to manipulate the data to gain functionality. ( I for one still can't seem to get it right... Lol )

Hi everyone

Ok, I've been using EDP1.5 RC4 for a while now and apart from my DVD drive not working at all I have found another issue - perhaps with power management? Could be something in the DSDT... not sure though. Basically for the first time since using EDP the screensaver works when the laptop is running on mains power and when moving the laptop out of screensaver mode I get prompted for a password as expected. However, when the laptop is running on battery power the screensaver doesn't work - the screen just goes blank. When I go to get the laptop out of screensaver mode the screen doesn't wake up. The only way I can get working again is to close the lid to put my laptop to sleep and then open the lid again - at this point I'm then able to enter a password and use the laptop.

I hope that makes sense :-) I thought it was important to report this behaviour.

Thanks

Chris

The DSDTS that are uploaded to the Wiki should be "Raw" in other words Unmolested true Bios dumps no alterations, Then you take that "Raw" Bios dump and modify it so that the Mac OS thinks its accessing Mac hardware instead of DELL hardware... But you have to know where and how to manipulate the data to gain functionality. ( I for one still can't seem to get it right... Lol )

Thanks. Makes sense now.

While using the "raw" DSDT with RC4 allows me to boot, it has more problems in addition to the sleep-on-lid-close not working. I can't play DVDs -- I'm guessing this is the QE/CI (quartz/graphics) stuff people talk about...

I've downloaded DSDTEditor -- is there anywhere on the D4x0/OSXLatitude site that describes exactly which patches are used to created the DSDTs in the release?

Cheers!

-badpens