ML crashes before graphical interface, tried about everythin

chasingcharlie

Enable if no EXT PEG: crashes so badly that video never comes back up; monitor light turns yellow and never comes back. I have to then turn it off and on to get it to reboot. Crashes at the same place with it in Auto or in Always Enable crash at the same spot as the screen shots I've sent.

I did try all three of them with those results. Do you think the motherboard is bad?

XXX

The ENABLE IF NO EXT PEG means that the Onboard VGA (GRAPHICS) would be activated (enabled) if there is no dedicated video card detected ( like your GT 220) BUT if the dedicated GPU was detected then the Onboard graphics would be deactivated.

XXX

With the Init Display set to PCI, the computer does display the final error message and it is is the same as the image I sent you. I tried the 210 and an older PCI express card I have, an MSI. Maybe I should flash the motherboard?

GA-Z68AP-D3 (R2)

i3-2120-3.3. GHz

Asus 210 SL Geforce

thanks

charlie

The ENABLE IF NO EXT PEG means that the Onboard VGA (GRAPHICS) would be activated (enabled) if there is no dedicated video card detected ( like your GT 220) BUT if the dedicated GPU was detected then the Onboard graphics would be deactivated.

No. If it is always on if you do not turn it off. Did you trun it off? Also there is nothing wrong with the motherboard,

GA-Z68AP-D3 (R2)

i3-2120-3.3. GHz

Asus 210 SL Geforce

MSI 7300 LE

I finally (whew) got something to work but now I'm stuck waiting on the Root Device. As for the onboard video, it has three settings: Enabled if no EXT PEG exists, always enable and Auto. There are settings for the video card for the 16x PCI slot, 4x PCI slot and PCI. The only way the Asus card works is if it's set on PCI. If it is moved to the 16x setting for the slot, the computer immediately reboots after the -v npsi=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No before I can see an error message or snap a screenshot.

Using a different card I happen to have lying around, an MSI card in the 4x slot, the installer does work!

But after installing, it then goes into the "waiting for root device" circle, which never ends. I have tried some other switches:

-v npsi=0x2000 GraphicsEnable=No and the following switches: Debug=8 ahcidisk=1, busration=36, PCIRootUID=1 and pcis=1.

thank you very much for helping me with this problem.

The waiting for root device is not on the image but it does come up eventually.

charlie

post-4162-138265581022_thumb.jpg

I just wanted to mention that I have a problem getting my Nvidia 280GT to work with my current MB. Although the video card had worked fine on another hackintosh, I could not get past the "PCI configuration begin". I also tried many kernel flags. I went to an ATI based video card and really have had no problem installing ML afterwards.

-MH