After update to 10.6.8 I lost wi-fi and ethernet

poldas

• Administrators

well osx did not magically appear there did it? there are tons of ways to do things, you can pull the drive and do it externally, load another partition with 10.6.0, dance around it and pray, my favorite method is the hammer method... it lets you customize and rewrite the bits on the hdd in a single blow. also i think there where some older distros that had a live osx cd like or even unbuntu.

i am sure all those problems exist after the os is running not before... if not then there is something seriously wrong with that laptop or it's bios or settings "Hammer Time?" lol.

:( The only thing that comes to my mind is you replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext with the ones from 10.6.7. Make sure you delete the original files first, and then put the ones I attached in your S/L/E folder. Repair permissions and rebuild kextkache, I recommend Kext Wizard. Here.

Where do I find AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext which should be remove?

Hi all,

Dell Latitude D620, working everything well with 10.6.7 and after upgrade to 10.6.8 I lost wifi network. I rolled back AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kexts (I try with 10.6.3 and 10.6.7 both versions), as well wifi Kexts, and no success.

If anybody has the wifi working (D620 Intel Version) please let me know wich kexts versions are you using.

Thanks in advance.

Santi.

Hi all,

Dell Latitude D620, working everything well with 10.6.7 and after upgrade to 10.6.8 I lost wifi network. I rolled back AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kexts (I try with 10.6.3 and 10.6.7 both versions), as well wifi Kexts, and no success.

If anybody has the wifi working (D620 Intel Version) please let me know wich kexts versions are you using.

Thanks in advance.

Santi.

try a properly edited smbios.plist faking MacBook5,1 or MacBook2,1 and a newer chameleon.

look at my postsand you shall receive.

Hi

Yesterday I had updated OS X to 10.6.8 after restart i lost wi-fi, ethernet. Do you have any ideas?

poldas

Hi all with WiFi problems after update to10.6.8.

I found the solution for my D620 finally! Here are the steps:

1) You must add this key in smbios.plist ... SMboardproduct Mac-F4208CC8

2) Delete the file NetworkInterfaces.plist from /Lybrary/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

3) Delete Network Interfaces from System Preferences/Network

4) Roll back the files Apple80211Monitor.bundle to 10.6.7 version

5) Roll back the IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext to 10.6.7 versions

6) Repair permisions ...

Add network device to System Preferences/Network and thats all ... everything works !!

Hi All,

I am puzzled by this thread. Is there any solution for D420? I've lost my wifi with upgrading to 10.6.7.

These were the steps I took:

1. Install 10.6.0 as described on the wiki page. With chamaeleon and EDP 1.8

2. Upgrade to 10.6.3 via combo update and wifi still worked

3. Upgrade to 10.6.7 via combo update and wifi is deactivated

4. repair permissions, still no wifi

5. reinstall EDP 1.8 and repair permissions, still no wifi

Does anybody have an idea what I can do? I kept the /S/L/E directories fo 10.6.0 and 10.6.3 so it would be easy to replace some kexts with older versions, but which?

Thank you very much

Seyhbold