ML & Lion installation on Dell D620

ravian0006

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got it too work correctly, as i am a php web developer, apparently functions.inc.php was not downloaded, i got the source code from the svn, created a new file by that name and got it working, now consider this, i got at this point and don't know if the process is completed. the site is at :

If you have found myFix to be useful please contribute a small donation to help support the continued development, hosting and support of this software.http://myhack.sojugarden.com/donate/Thousands use it, few donate, I need your support!

but the screen is flickering so don't know....

• Administrators

Process is complete, yes. If by "screen flickering" you mean flickering of the contents of the EDPWeb page, that's perfectly Ok, it's just the EDPWeb app.

It sounds like you got there, but be cautious as if appears your EDP download did not go too well.

• Administrators

It's enabled in bios. I followed the stickied D620 guide in this forum. I even swapped out a different LAN cable.

I don't understand this at all; I've checked both my D620 nVidia & D620 GMA950 and both have running LAN interface with Intel binary BCM5751 kext. Are you sure you installed the kext properly? You need to copy it to /E/E then run myFix (quick).

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

D620n_NIC#1.jpg D620n_NIC#2.jpg

D620i_NIC#1.jpg D620i_NIC#2.jpg

Okay, I must be doing something wrong when I create the USB or when I install this kext. Just to clarify:

When running the lastest build of myHack to create the OS X Install USB, it automatically creates a "Generic Extra" without prompting to specify my own OSX Latitude BootPack. When It finishes I should copy the attached binary ethernet kext into the /Extra/Extensions folder of the newly created USB, and then run myFix (quick) on it.

During the OS X installation process, myHack will prompt for the OSX Latitude BootPack. I should point this to the "Extra" folder on the myHack OS X Install USB.

Should I be copying the BootPack over to the myHack OS X Install USB when I copy the binary kext and before I run myFix? If yes, should I replace the existing "Generic Extra" items or just add to them? I believe I did this once and had errors in the copy process.

I have also tried pointing the OS X Installer to a seperate USB with the OS X Latitude BootPack.

Which is the correct process?

Thank you for your continued support.

• Administrators

Once you've created your USB installer, re-run myHack and select "Create Extra", pointing to your downloaded boot pack. Do not install with Generic bootpack, use our OSXL boot pack.

Then, when you reach the end of your OS X installation and get prompted for the "Extra" folder, just point to /Extra of your USB installer.

If you manipulate kexts in /E/E, whether on a myHack USB installer or on an actual myHack OS X installation, always re-run myFix (quick) so that the kext is actually taken into consideration. If you fail to do that, your kext is just ignored.

That's where I went wrong!

I gave it a whirl and it got me through to Desktop with full Internet.

I installed and updated EDP before selecting the D620 from the lists and ran the Build but I'm afraid I've lost my internet again after reboot.

I assume I have to install the binary Ethernet kext again somehow? Also I lost functionality of my trackpad - its choppy and inaccurate, yet my wireless usb mouse works fine.

Sometimes I get a white screen hang on reboot as well.

Still plugging away at this.

I am back again, and it seems somebody was able to use my discussion to get their OS X, but i on the other hand can't seem to get it, after pressing do the build button it seems to be at this point:

Please wait for few minutes(will take approx 2-15 mnts which depends on your speed), while we download the files of your model................

When the download is finished then you will automatically redirected to build process and its Log

Skipped '/Extra/EDP/model-data/Dell/Dell_Latitude_D620-intel' At revision 762. At revision 762. At revision 762.

i checked the activity monitor and their is activity of bytes/sec after some seconds or so, but can't seem to get the at the log page, the net is working i am using it, i just don't get the fact that why is not it downloading at fast speed. do you know anything about it...

• Administrators

I would totally re-install EDP if I were you. I understand you made some manual editing to the code to get it to work following an incorrect download/installation, but it's clearly not working properly so it'd be better to start afresh.