ML & Lion installation on Dell D620

ravian0006

let me state this again, i re installed lion again, downloaded edp again, but i noticed that there were a lot of pauses during the install edp, meaning it seems that it stops downloading itself, it just don't want to download the files either edp or the model data for the system. well i am going to repeat again again and again till i get this. i have hope...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

When you install EDP, there is normally a little grey arrow in the window that you can click on: it opens a black box with details of the files being downloaded in green color. Is this where you see errors?

If it's the case, then, indeed, you probably have a local issue downloading the files (your own network/cable/wireless, ISP link, etc.). It has happened to users in the past, on rare occasions.

ok i am back again, now i am have successfully reached the log page you would not believe whats happening, it is at the following point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have found myFix to be useful please contribute a small donation to help support the continued development, hosting and support of this software.http://myhack.sojugarden.com/donate/Thousands use it, few donate, I need your support!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but it was still again flickering like i mentioned previously, but this time i checked the activity monitor, it seems that with each flicker there is a download of 370KB/sec meaning something is happening, i don't understand this, if it is done than what it is downloading. do you know anything about it

In my experience, EDP is finished when it logs the information you provided. Just reboot.

Remember to include your binary ethernet kext in the /Extra/Include/Extensions directory so it will take precedence over the EDP kext.

I updated to 10.7.5 without issue (from 10.7.4) and ordered a broadcom wifi card.

Everything seems to be working properly except for:

Flash- It can be choppy with YouTube- Will likely install a previous version

Sleep- I just thave it disabled for now but when I close the lid and reopen, it resumes from sleep fine.

Keyboard/Trackpad- The trackpad was unresponsive and sluggish with the EDP kext- switched to the ALPS Touchpad Alternate kext which worked beautifully on the trackpad and provided vertical/horizontal swipe function but both the keyboard and trackpad locked up on me whenever I tried to type for more than a minute.

I'm searching for a new PS2 kext if anyone can recommend one.

• Administrators

ok guys there is definitely something i have left it to flicker and download, it has already downloaded 250MB and still counting, is it suppose to download so much data???

Where do you see a download? I have no idea what could be downloaded once the EDP system build has reached completion. You're talking of a flicker, what do you mean exactly? If you're talking about disk activity, that will be the kext cache being regenerated.

Well by some magic quick thinking i was able to get what i want, i have everything now running on my system display, lan, sound and other things which i don't know, but my requirement are ok, now the only think left i want to know is: is there a solution for the wifi? in the compatibility page o could see a light blue refresh i con under the wi-fi. i don't know what that means, could you tell me what that means and is the solution to the wi-fi developed by someone...