MyHack incompatible with MOBO GA-H61M-DS2

robertzero

Hi guys.

I've tried to use MyHack with many versions of OSX (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and recently, Mavericks) but none of them work. (I'm using the latest version)

Everytime I make a boot disk using MyHack and boot using it, it gets to Darwin and show the partitions on the disk, which I choose the MyHack installation disk.

After that it just reboots the PC.

I've tried all types of bootflags and none of them work as well.

Here are the specs of my hardware:

Specs:

MOBO: GA-H61M-DS2

CPU: Core i3 2100 CPU

RAM: 8 GB Patriot ( 2x 4 GB)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 210 1 GB (EVGA)

HD: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1 TB

DVD: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S

Generic Card Reader (one of those "1000000 in 1")

I have only one HD partitioned in 4: NTFS WIN, HFS+ MAC, EXT3 LINUX, NTFS STORAGE)

I've tried to use MyHack since the first revision of my mobo, updated it to see whether the problem would be solved but to avail.

Anyone got the same mobo (or specs) and succeeded using MyHack on this hardware? (or am I just doing something wrong?)

I want to install Mavericks 13A603 (which I downloaded from the App Store).

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. (I used another tool, from another site to make the installer disk, I don't know if I can quote the name here)

This might sound like a dumb question, but have you tried to actually boot from the hard drive? What result do you get? 

You can boot the installation disk.. but it reboots in the middle of the installation or after it finishes?

If you have Linux installed, i'm assuming you also have grub installed? You might want to research that a little if you haven't installed already. 

This might sound like a dumb question, but have you tried to actually boot from the hard drive? What result do you get? 

You can boot the installation disk.. but it reboots in the middle of the installation or after it finishes?

If you have Linux installed, i'm assuming you also have grub installed? You might want to research that a little if you haven't installed already. 

Thanks for the quick reply, man!

I'm trying to make a bootable usb disk using MyHack, using the default options, no surprises 'till here.

Thing is: I successfully finish the making of the boot disk.

My problem is: When I boot the disk MyHack just made, it starts all that loading on the screen but it does not go past it.

I mean, generally, after booting the first stage, those small white letters appear on the screen (not the big in low-resolution ones from before) and the installation screen is showed.

I know this because I installed Snow Leopard in this same hardware I described above and Snow Leopard and Mavericks in my old 2010 chinese notebook (which is quite good considering compatibility).

I've succeed installing Lion once, but I used one of those "distros". I no longer encourage or make use of'em. Even in my country it is very cheap to buy the original software (OS) directly from Apple's App Store.

I really just want some feedback about my hardware and why Snow Leopard works perfectly and I can't install any other version of OSX on the same hardware.

Maybe it's the 8 GB RAM modules (2x 4 GB)? I'm really out of ideas and have used all software available to make the boot disks and even made one manually.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: It doesn't even get to the start of the installation screen. Reboots before that.

I don't have grub in this hard drive.

Edited by robertzero

Thanks for the quick reply, man!

I'm trying to make a bootable usb disk using MyHack, using the default options, no surprises 'till here.

Thing is: I successfully finish the making of the boot disk.

My problem is: When I boot the disk MyHack just made, it starts all that loading on the screen but it does not go past it.

I mean, generally, after booting the first stage, those small white letters appear on the screen (not the big in low-resolution ones from before) and the installation screen is showed.

I know this because I installed Snow Leopard in this same hardware I described above and Snow Leopard and Mavericks in my old 2010 chinese notebook (which is quite good considering compatibility).

I've succeed installing Lion once, but I used one of those "distros". I no longer encourage or make use of'em. Even in my country it is very cheap to buy the original software (OS) directly from Apple's App Store.

I really just want some feedback about my hardware and why Snow Leopard works perfectly and I can't install any other version of OSX on the same hardware.

Maybe it's the 8 GB RAM modules (2x 4 GB)? I'm really out of ideas and have used all software available to make the boot disks and even made one manually.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: It doesn't even get to the start of the installation screen. Reboots before that.

I don't have grub in this hard drive.

You should try to boot the installer usb (myhack usb) in safe mode.

When booting and you see the bootloader press enter and it will allow you to type bootflags. Type in -x -v and press enter to boot. (-v verbose or lets you see everything mode, -x is safe mode)  

Which version of OSx have you installed on your myhack usb? 

I advise to stay away from distros, they are more trouble than they are worth. 

I'm reasonably sure your hardware is okay to run others than SL. 

Greetings.

I have 10.9 running on a similar MB, a GA-H61M-DS2H (better SATA layout). With no DSDT, I cannot boot with any graphics card that needs GraphicsEnabler = Yes. I suspect it would boot with a processor that supports HD4000, HD3000, or HD2500 but that is something I did not test. Certain BIOS settings need to be correct as well.

With no DSDT and using NullCPUPower Management, the system will sleep (and wake) and has limited speedstepping.

-MH

Greetings.

I have 10.9 running on a similar MB, a GA-H61M-DS2H (better SATA layout). With no DSDT, I cannot boot with any graphics card that needs GraphicsEnabler = Yes. I suspect it would boot with a processor that supports HD4000, HD3000, or HD2500 but that is something I did not test. Certain BIOS settings need to be correct as well.

With no DSDT and using NullCPUPower Management, the system will sleep (and wake) and has limited speedstepping.

-MH

Which graphics cards have you tried to run? The Nvidia 210 is suppose to run OOB without any additional config.

Required Bios settings: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

The DSDT for your motherboard is very easy to find on google if you search. It's a good idea to use one. 

When using NUllCPUPowerManagement kext i believe you have no speedstepping.

(you can test is by downloading DPCIManager 1.5 and using the pstates monitor)

It's also a good idea to get that working also. If you want directions, I'd be happy to help, but please start a new thread. 

I do have a GeForce 210 card. So I tried it and I was able to get this to boot with GraphicsEnabler = No. A bit sluggish.

I found this settings guide to be marginally useful:

http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/08/set-up-hackintosh-gigabyte-uefi.html

Running HWMonitor, it shows stepping between x16 and x31.

I actually find little about this particular board and hackintosh when doing a search.

Thank you for your offer of help, maybe at another time.

-MH

You should try to boot the installer usb (myhack usb) in safe mode.

When booting and you see the bootloader press enter and it will allow you to type bootflags. Type in -x -v and press enter to boot. (-v verbose or lets you see everything mode, -x is safe mode)  

Which version of OSx have you installed on your myhack usb? 

I advise to stay away from distros, they are more trouble than they are worth. 

I'm reasonably sure your hardware is okay to run others than SL. 

Tried all boot flags already. Always the same, a moment before the installation screen should appear, it just reboots the machine.

I have tried with all versions. The only one that worked was Snow Leopard.I now have Mavericks in it (which behaves the same way).

Greetings.

-MH

I have the DSDT for my MoBo. Tried with and without it. No changes. I can't get past the boot using MyHack Mavericks.

What exactly do you mean by "graphics card that needs GraphicsEnabler = Yes"?

In Snow Leo, I can use GE=Yes or no, the main difference is, Using "Yes" makes chameleon choose what to inject and leaves me with only one display possibility. Using "No" makes the GPU acceleration go null and scrambles resolution.

That's why I'm using the nVidia GeForce 8800 GT GFX string in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, makes everything works almost perfectly.

Sometimes it gets a bit sluggish (the price for using two displays with GT 210).

My CPU is the Core i3 2100 and I don't think its on chip GPU is compatible (Is it?).

What are the BIOS settings you mentioned?

I don't know about system performance since I have not installed it yet.

Which graphics cards have you tried to run? The Nvidia 210 is suppose to run OOB without any additional config.

Required Bios settings: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

The DSDT for your motherboard is very easy to find on google if you search. It's a good idea to use one. 

When using NUllCPUPowerManagement kext i believe you have no speedstepping.

(you can test is by downloading DPCIManager 1.5 and using the pstates monitor)

It's also a good idea to get that working also. If you want directions, I'd be happy to help, but please start a new thread. 

GPU: nVidia GeForce 210.

Following the instructions present in the "myHack Guide":

• Ensure you have your SATA controllers in AHCI mode. (checked)
  • Ensure you have enabled your CPU’s C states. (where do I do that in this MoBo?)
  • Ensure you have HPET set to 64bit. (checked)
  • Disable any devices you do not intend to use (extra SATA, Firewire, etc). (checked)
  • If you have a UEFI system, ensure that you boot in legacy (bios boot) mode. (this Mobo does not use UEFI)

I guess it all checks. Anything else?

I'm using DSDT in Snow Leo. But where'd I use it before the system is installed?

I don't know about SpeedStepping and power management settings because I still couldn't get to the installation screen yet.

I do have a GeForce 210 card. So I tried it and I was able to get this to boot with GraphicsEnabler = No. A bit sluggish.

I found this settings guide to be marginally useful:

http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/08/set-up-hackintosh-gigabyte-uefi.html

Running HWMonitor, it shows stepping between x16 and x31.

I actually find little about this particular board and hackintosh when doing a search.

Thank you for your offer of help, maybe at another time.

-MH

I've tried to boot myHack installation disk with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Didn't work.

There are different versions of this MB. Since you say you do not have UEFI BIOS, I assume you have rev1.0 or rev1.2

When I said the graphics card needs GraphicsEnabler=Yes I meant it would not be recognized by the OS without it. The system should boot your 210 card without any additional injection, DSDT or Graphics boot flag. That being said, using my 210 card the system only successfully booted about 50% of the time. I would still recommend using GraphicsEnabler=No and no DSDT injection. I'm am using it this way on an Asus EAH5770 and it is solid.

There are accounts of people using this MB and GT210 on Mountain Lion installed with a Beast product but I did not see anyone using a rev1.0 or rev1.2 MB.

A video showing the screen just before it reboots could be helpful. Use -v.

-MH