MyHack incompatible with MOBO GA-H61M-DS2

robertzero

Hi, guys.

I just uploaded a video of what happens, when it happens.

http://youtu.be/4CHZ3VIya6c

I'm not sure whether quality is nice, so better watch in 720p.

If you find necessary to focus one the last visible screen I can do that for you.

P.S.: In my Snow Leo build, I use GFX Strings and DSDT. Pretty Solid too. Been using it for more than a year.

I record my band's songs in it using Pro Tools.

Thanks!

why is it called base system ? did you use my hack to make the pen drive?

Hi, I'm currently using myHack Mavericks.

I just don't have a video using it but this video shows the same situation I'm facing when using myHack.

This one was made manually from the InstallESD.dmg / BaseSystem.DMG with a MBR patch.

If you will, I can record another video demonstrating the same problem, in the same place using myHack's Maverick's boot disk but I ensure you it happens the same way, in the same place and time as this one.

Thanks in advance!

I saw the video and, of course, this is not graphics issue. I thought the boot was getting further along.

At this point I will venture an opinion, if only to save a little time.

@robertzero

I saw your post at the sausage company specializing in Beast products. A little research over there brings one poor soul trying to install ML on this rev MB and getting a KP. No replies.

This rev MB uses an old Award BIOS and is questionable whether it can ever run a newer version of OS X.

I think you have 3 options:

Be happy with Snow Leopard. -or-

Invest in a new MB. This is a cheap MB to begin with. -or-

Continue to be frustrated screwing around with old hardware getting no support.

-MH

have you tried without the mbr patch? normal guid

Yep. Tried without doing any patching. Normal GUID vanilla experience. Still nothing.

Even using the other tool (you guys probably know which one I mean...) it doesn't work.

I saw the video and, of course, this is not graphics issue. I thought the boot was getting further along.

At this point I will venture an opinion, if only to save a little time.

@robertzero

I saw your post at the sausage company specializing in Beast products. A little research over there brings one poor soul trying to install ML on this rev MB and getting a KP. No replies.

This rev MB uses an old Award BIOS and is questionable whether it can ever run a newer version of OS X.

I think you have 3 options:

Be happy with Snow Leopard. -or-

Invest in a new MB. This is a cheap MB to begin with. -or-

Continue to be frustrated screwing around with old hardware getting no support.

-MH

In another forum, a dude told me it was related to AHCI or something about my disk, that I should change/inject another AHCI kext or something.

What do you guys think about it?

So, considering what you said: There's no way. Period.

I really have to change my MoBo.

I have installed Lion once, how could this possible?

I mean, I know in U.S this mobo maybe is like crap comparing to other improved ones but, where I live, in my country it DOES cost a lot of money so, I'll need to make a extremely precise movement whether I am really to change it.

Do you have something in mind? I mean, a MoBo that is not super-expensive but also compatible with the rest of my hardware plus the new releases of OSX? (i.e. Mavericks)

Thanks.