Problem with Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX760

us66

This possibly a noob question, but my searching didn't turn up an answer.  I built a Hackintosh and the system is running OS X 10.9.1, but the graphics performance is not as expected: Redraw is slow and flickering for example when moving a window. One possible reason: The card is supposed to have 2 GB GDDR5-RAM, but the Mac System profiler shows it as having only 7 MB (see below). The screen is connected via HDMI to the GTX760.  I tried to run OpenMark 1.6 to test OpenGL, but that gives the message "Unable to choose right pixel format for this device."  The settings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist are as follows, but also with IGPEnabler set to "yes" the flickering 

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>IGPEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

From Mac System Profile:

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 7 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1187

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

• Administrators

[...]

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

[...]

Well, you don't have any graphics kext loaded for your card, so no graphics acceleration, hence no graphics support. Look no further, that's where you problem comes from.

You probably need to patch your DSDT to inject your card details or patch your nVidia kext. Look at RampageDev's blog, I believe he has a post about some GTX card.

Of course, you can also head over to nVidia's web site for a driver (maybe a Cuda driver); most people don't even think about that!!!