XPS 420 Not Booting - Stop Sign on Apple Screen

RelmarBoys

Chef,

thanks for the tips and help.

I tried changing PCIRootUIT=1-4 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

To no avail

Here's a link to a swamp of riddles - all my hackintoshly goods:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bif0d9p118g1ulq/RSl3gg2VWG

Folder Contents:

• dsdt.aml / dstdt.dsl - Extracts with DSDT Editor

• EggFactory Mac Pro - IORegistryExplorer output

• Extra Folder Screen Shot

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist

• TXT doc of S/L/E - I noticed there are some GeForce + NV kexts. Should they stay ?

• Last, dsdt folder which contains the CURRENT dsdt - I got it online. I'm sure it's not 100% compatible.

Another question - Is it necessary to install CUDA / Nvidia drivers ?

thanks !

RB

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Always leave SLE untouched unless absolutely necessary. Cuda drivers are not required, no.

Can you tell us the result of the following command (it's for your PCI root Id) after you remove PCIRootUID=3 from your Chameleon boot plist and reboot: ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>PCIRoot</key>
    <string>4</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>5</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Yep = as shown

• Administrators

Actually, it's PciRoot, not PCIRoot; the syntax difference is very subtle but nonetheless very important, otherwise option is quite simply ineffective... Can you therefore modify your boot plist to that effect, reboot and redo and IORegistryExplorer? I'm not seeing all that I was expecting for your graphics card, like the NVCAP info...

I had a quick look at your DSDT and it is quite similar to the table found to my Precision 670. They are really written in very similar fashion. I'll try and send you a patched DSDT later on. Meantime, you can have a look here for hints on DSDT patches.

Also, please note that editing your Chameleon boot plist with tools such as Chameleon Wizard would overwrite the PciRoot parameter. So, if you use that tool, make sure to manually edit the plist afterwards to re-instate the option or you'd have to manually specify PciRoot=4 at boot time. As I found out on the Precision 670, you will never obtain full QE/CI unless your PCI root is set to the proper value.

For Ethernet, use the attached kext (place in /Extra and run myFix (quick)).

Intel82566MM.kext.zip

• Administrators

When you saved your IOReg output, was that after a boot using a specific DSDT table or was it without a DSDT table? Ideally, I need the IOreg after a boot without any specific DSDT as the one you're using (found on the Net) may not reflect truly your hardware... I'm still not seeing what I expect for your graphics card, stuff is missing...

Your DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl, were they obtained when you had no DSDT used at all or did you extract them from say Windows with a tool like AIDA64? We need totally clean tables...

OK - removed the dsdt.aml that I had in /Extra,

rebooted, re-extracted IOSReg.

Also, there's an smbios.plist file I'm using - mainly to give my machine a serial number so I can use TeamView.

This file is also in Dropbox.

thanks !

• Administrators

Perfect, now I see everything I was hoping for and I can patch your DSDT! 

Except I'm not sure of your DSDT files. At the main level of your dropbox folder, there is a DSDT.dsl which does not compile and a DSDT.aml which is actually a DSDT dsl source code not a compiled DSDT table. So, sorry to appear like a pain, but can you again boot without any DSDT (but with PciRoot=4) and extract a clean DSDT with Chameleon Wizard or DSDT Editor?

I'll then be 100% confident with my patch.

Your GeForce G210 is actually a 1Go model, not 512Mo by the way.