XPS 420 Not Booting - Stop Sign on Apple Screen

RelmarBoys

• Administrators

Try without cache too: PciRoot=4 -f UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v.

I'm really surprised it does not work when you can boot Ok with no DSDT and I had an identical situation on my Precision 670.

I suppose you could always create a new partition on your HDD and attempt a new installation on it. Make sure you use my 2nd patched DSDT from the onset, i.e. add it to your myHack installer bootpack and always make sure to boot either with your tuned boot plist or with options PciRoot=4 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished a clean install... T.G.I.F&B  - BEER !

I punch this is the boot prompt:

DSDT=/Extra/xps420_dsdt.aml PciRoot=4 -f UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v.

and get the dreaded "waiting for root drive" or his pretty twin, the STOP SIGN.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONNNGGGGGG  (Inside Voice)

I have the same problem with my dell Percision t3700 with mavericks. Stop sign after installing dsdt. What I did to boot is booted with DSDT=no and went to extra/ and deleted the DSDT and now waiting for someone to help patch mine for me. It boots properly but I get no graphics qe/ci. Everything else is fine for me. You should delete the DSDT and wait for someone to patch it.

Hello, I can help DVDs, install Snow Leopard original DVD 10.6 on my dell xps 420 pc.
Below I pass hadware photos.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English. I am Spanish.
A greeting.
HADWARE DELL XPS 420:

a9ux.png

ie9i.png

5y0j.png

t3sm.png

px5i.png

o008.png

Hi, good morning to all.
Aguno could send me to my e-mail or post here, a proper guide on how to install OSx Snow Leopard on my computer DELL XPS 420.?. My hadware is posted on this thread. It is the factory that brings my computer except the Graphic card is changed to an Nvidia Gforce 210.

Thank you very much anticipated.

Cordial greetings to the forum.