Mavericks on SonicMaster---SOLVED--WORKING--

osx9010

Finally, Got it working except for NIC/WIFI

My laptop came with windows 8 partitioned and GUID table. I wanted to dual boot with maverick.

Step 1. partition HD. Wipe HD and configure partition. For what ever reason I cannot use GUID partition table. After install 8, it doesn’t see the HD anymore. I had to configure my HD as MBR. So first partition is fat32 for osx and 2nd partition is ntfs for windows.

Step 2. Install windows 8 to 2nd partition which is now partition 3 because windows creates a small partition for booting. Now make sure your windows activation key works before proceeding with OSX install.

Step 3. Create the myhack usb installer with the option for installing osx on mbr disk.

Download extra from

http://www.osxlatitude.com/packs/Custom/Custom_Notebook-mav.zip

During the installation when it ask you for a generic extra or your own, select your own and point to this folder. Copy it to the myhack usb installer somewhere.

Step 4. Patch USB installer. During USB myhack boot(with keyboard and mouse plugged in), I get an early reboot. So i following the instructions here and added their mach_kernel.

Might need to boot with -f -v to get the installer going.

Step 5. Post installation. On first boot, after successful installation I had to use -f -v -x

To fix having to issue -x flag, I followed this this posting.

To fix issue with having to do -f flag I booted into osx, delete myhack.kext from S/L/E and perform a full fix from the myhack app.

6. At this point keyboard is working except for track pad. To fix the trackpad issue, I downloaded the ELAN drivers v3 final from

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

7. Everything should now be working except for nic/wifi. I read this is not possible? any help here?

8. You probably wanna boot back into windows at this point right? Well you probably got an error like

“boot bcd 0xc00000fâ€

Here, I had to boot into the windows install and get into command prompt and run the bcd rebuild stuff. You can find that on the internet. You will also need to get into diskpart and set partition 3 as active. Partition 3 is your windows partition.

If you have any suggestion and comments please feel free to leave them.

I am happy with the install so I will be donating. And if you followed this thread, you should donate to those people as well…

Thanks.

• Administrators

[...]

To fix issue with having to do -f flag I booted into osx, delete myhack.kext from S/L/E and perform a full fix from the myhack app.

[...]

Why do you delete myHack kext from /S/L/E to follow that myFix (full) when you want to rebuild your cache?

[...]

Step 1. partition HD. Wipe HD and configure partition. For what ever reason I cannot use GUID partition table. After install 8, it doesn’t see the HD anymore. I had to configure my HD as MBR. So first partition is fat32 for osx and 2nd partition is ntfs for windows.

Step 2. Install windows 8 to 2nd partition which is now partition 3 because windows creates a small partition for booting. Now make sure your windows activation key works before proceeding with OSX install.

[...]

Your laptop comes with UEFI, he must be able to use the GUID partition table this is in the UEFI requirements. 

But if it works in Legacy mode it's good too :-)