t410s maverick external monitor issue

sweetapple

I installed maverick on the t410s based on instruction on this website and everything works fine. However, I am using a 27" crossover LCD as external monitor connected to the T410s docking station's Display Port. If  boot the t410s, initially the external monitor will be able to show the darwin boot HDD options and the initial screen of OSX booting. However, when it comes to the pint of inputting the password, the external monitor screen goes black and I can see the Display Port got no signal. Is there any way t enable external monitor? Thanks!

thanks very much. Is there a way to switch between external and internal? I actually am happy to have only one at one time. The fact that Maverick always keep both on makes me nut.

So I need to adjust the FB (frambuffer?). I have limited knowledge on this and hopefully you can shed more light. Much appreciated!

• Moderators

Which version of OSX Mavericks do you have?
I'll update some files for you to test since I have not try this personally. I have always been using just the LCD.
As you can see from the previous post, DP is shown as unknown, so probably not tested. If this doesn't work, you might have to stick with VGA.

• Moderators

The guide from the link above only mentioned VGA, so I can't say if it'll work. Guess you'll just have to test and report back. 
Here's the instruction:

• Download attachedT410s.zip
  • Backup DSDT.aml and FB from Extra/Extensions
  • Replace file with attached, use the FB for LVDS-DP
  • Launch myHack/myfix (quick)
  • Restart your computer.

Instruction from guide:
While OS X is booting up (you see the Apple boot logo in your internal LCD display), connect your external VGA DP display. At one point, your internal LCD display will become disabled (black screen) and your desktop will appear in your external VGA DP display. That's it!

excl.png If the native resolution of the external display is not correct, you can fix it by going to System Preferences>Displays. If the native resolution is not detected, you may have to install SwitchResX.

If this doesn't work, I guess dP doesn't work. Then you'll have to replace FB with LVDS-VGA and try again.

Any updates on this? I've been looking for a way to get DP to work as well. I've been looking around at different forums and websites and looks like the fix for VGA is all I see.  I would love to have this as a Mac Mini as I have several of these 410s laying around at work. Any help would be great.