Dell Precision 670 - Paxville - BIOS A07 - GT210 black screen (ML & M)

vanguart

You need the lspcidrv.kext to be able to use the command. That kext is normally in all my packs. If not, get the kext from here for instance. Place it in /E/E and install it with myFix (quick).

Your kext is in .

but the command doesnt working.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So you have ML 10.8.5 working with full QE/CI on your GeForce G210 when you use the EFI string in your Chameleon boot plist, right? If that is so, stay like that and stick to ML.

You may try again Mavericks using the same EFI string, but it may not work. If you do try, maybe you should make a dedicated partition for the trial.

I'm still trying to work out the problems. There could be an issue with the latest kernel from Bronya and the old Intel E7525 chipset, I don't know. Or it could be a stupid issue of connectors at the output of the card. I will try my GT610 again with a DVI-I to VGA adapter to see if it changes anything.

I'm also going to put your EFI string through a decoder so that I convert it to a readable form. Hopefully something will come out of that and it could be injected as a DSDT patch as opposed to an EFI string.

So you have ML 10.8.5 working with full QE/CI on your GeForce G210 when you use the EFI string in your Chameleon boot plist, right?

YEs!

When i try to install any app , fail in the end.

ilok2 manager , pro tools hd10 , and may others . and the system is slow installing, some apps get 30 min to install.

i think it could be cause i dont have a DSDT right for my Dell,

when i went to SL10.6.8 without your boot DSDT , pro tools hd app was slow, , after i use your DSDT all get better!

The Bronya for ML or for Mavericks is fail to me, not fail if the system boot in safe mode.

i think all the time my system was in safe mode. LoL.

last update.

Yes i am in safe mode all the time. ML 10.8

i did  clean install. using generic kext from myhack. 

i can boot using -v -x PciRoot=4 or EFI string inject.

if i boot normally without -x  , i got black screen after cameleon intro .

if i boot with -x but without PciRoot=4 i got black screen in the end of boot.

• Administrators

You will never get graphics working unless you enter the PCI root value that matches the default DSDT in BIOS or you use a DSDT to overwrite it to 0.

Can you please zip your /Extra and post it here?

• Administrators

Mmm, are you installing ML with a distro? It sure does not look like a myHack install, which would naturally explain why lspci did not work and why simply copying the kext to /E/E would not do much...

Mmm, are you installing ML with a distro? It sure does not look like a myHack install, which would naturally explain why lspci did not work and why simply copying the kext to /E/E would not do much...

No, just only using myHack .

i use the last myhack, in the end of install i choose "use generic kext"

No Distro.