Dell Precision 670 - Paxville - BIOS A07 - GT210 black screen (ML & M)

vanguart

• Administrators

No, you'd have more or less the same problem. I'm only getting there through the NVEnabler at the moment. So, I still need to work on that one...

Trying to work out a solution with nVidia's own drivers, not Apple's.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you'd have more or less the same problem. I'm only getting there through the NVEnabler at the moment. So, I still need to work on that one...

Trying to work out a solution with nVidia's own drivers, not Apple's.

Ook,

but i cant use Nvidia drivers cause i cant get desktop install , the screen goes black until the install (ML install desktop screen) part. 

myhack goes ok, but when the desctop install appear , the screen goes black (video fail)

it was the same in SL when i used Nvidia8400gs , i had to buy GT210. 

sorry for my poor english

• Administrators

Try safe mode (-x boot flag). I can boot 10.9.2/10.9.3 with Bronya's latest 10.9.2 RC5/RC6 kernel but end up with black screen or white screen as graphics fail to fully initialise. However, I can boot 10.9.2/10.9.3 to desktop in safe mode.

'need to nail that graphics bastard!  8-)

Ok.

Tried , boot ok, but just only using PciRoot=4 flag on boot.

i got white screen for 30 seconds .

i am not using your boot plist and your boot pack, cause they got KP here.

i am using myhack generic kext (Extra) and bronya mach_kernel

why your boot pack is not working for me ?

system is little slow (16gb ram ECC) , no ethernet .

audio kext from your boot pack give me KP too.

and now all the time that i reboot , i need to go to BIOS to change RAID to Normal.

In SL is not the same, my BIOS stay ok, no change.

now i am trying to install Pro Tools HD11 to try to work, i am record engineer, i need Mavericks for my work :)

please help me

No way to ProTools HD11 , need processor , with SSE3,  to run.

so i decided to install ProTools HD10, but without Ethernet i cant cause i need to use ilok manager via internet to run my license.

and ProTools Hd is running slow, like in SL without yoir boot pack.

so, i just need your boot pack with smbios , cameleon,org.plsit and DSDT running fine.

if you want i can donate some money to you, i need too much my dell running 10.9.1 to work fine .

• Administrators

As indicated in the guide, I found that on-board AC97 audio is not supported in 64bit mode (it's either buggy or silent or causes KP). As such, no other choice but to opt for a supported add-on card to get audio in ML and Mav (64bit kernel only).

The BIOS reset happens if you do not use my patched DSDT. This because I chose to patch the DSDT rather than use the RTC kext that fixes the old but well-known CMOS reset problem. If you start using the kext, the problem will go away.

I got a little further last night with 10.9.2/10.9.3: I can boot the Precision 670 with Bronya's 10.9.2 RC5 or RC6 kernels and obtain would-be graphics acceleration if I use the nVidia Web drivers. I installed those drivers in 10.9.3 after having booted Mav in safe mode.

After rebooting using option nvda_drv=1, I was able to reach desktop and noticed the translucid Finder's bar. However, system's responsiveness is atrocious, everything lags terribly. I suspect graphics acceleration is not complete. I opened the nVidia app off the Finder's bar icon and did notice that one of the tab mentions the Web driver is not applicable to GeForce 9800GT, so that could explain things.

Returning to OS X default drivers got me back to either black screen (no NVEnabler64 kext used) or white/light gray screen with moving mouse (NVEnabler64 kext used) but no desktop.

I'm going to start all over again with my GT610 as that card is normally natively supported in Mav, as is the G210. I really need to suss out what the graphics initialisation issue is and why something that worked up to 10.9.1 no longer does from 10.9.2. I will probably try to revert to 10.9.1 graphics kexts during my tests.

To summarise status of things on my machine (XC837 mobo with GeForce 9800GT graphics card):

SL 10.6.8,    Nawcom 10.6.8 v2 kernel, full QE/CI with DSDT patch,  AC97 audio in 32bit mode, Ethernet in 32bit mode

Li 10.7.5,    Bronya 10.7 RC13 kernel, full QE/CI with NVEnabler64, AC97 audio in 32bit mode, Ethernet in 32bit mode

ML 10.8.5,    Bronya 10.8 RC5 kernel,  full QE/CI with NVEnabler64, buggy/no 64bit audio,     no 64bit Ethernet

Mav 10.9/.1,  Bronya 10.9 RC7 kernel,  full QE/CI with NVEnabler64  buggy/no 64bit audio,     no 64bit Ethernet

Mav 10.9.2/3, Bronya 10.9.2 RC5/6, black screen with default graphics

Mav 10.9.2/3, Bronya 10.9.2 RC5/6, white screen + moving mouse pointer with NVEnabler64

Mav 10.9.2/3, Bronya 10.9.2 RC5/6, desktop only in safe mode with NVenabler64 (no QE/CI)

Mav 10.9.2/3, Bronya 10.9.2 RC5/6, desktop with partial QE/CI with nVidia Web drivers, very sluggish performance