Dell E6330 MMC/SD controller

Babar

Hi all,

I successfully made a "Near Vanilla" Mavericks installation with Clover on a E6330 with I7-3540, Wifi and Bluetooth, following the Guide of pokenguyen.

The only thing missing is the O2Micro OZ600F/OZ900F Integrated MMC/SD controller (Card Reader). No kext found so far.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Babar

• Moderators

Hi all,

I successfully made a "Near Vanilla" Mavericks installation with Clover on a E6330 with I7-3540, Wifi and Bluetooth, following the Guide of pokenguyen.

The only thing missing is the O2Micro OZ600F/OZ900F Integrated MMC/SD controller (Card Reader). No kext found so far.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Babar

See here. Be warned, it might break sleep.

• Administrators

Indeed, on my E6320, the patched VoodooSDHC kext broke sleep when closing the lid; however, the laptop can still be put to sleep by pressing Fn-F1 or by clicking Apple menu->Sleep.

Thank you very much, Jake Lo.

It worked, but, unfortunately, it broke the sleep function, as you mentioned.

Now I read the cards, but if I close the lid, after a while, the system doesn't resume anymore.

I have to force the system to switch off.

I think that, for a laptop, it's more important the sleep function than reading the SD/MMC cards.

• Moderators

Thank you very much, Jake Lo.

It worked, but, unfortunately, it broke the sleep function, as you mentioned.

Now I read the cards, but if I close the lid, after a while, the system doesn't resume anymore.

I have to force the system to switch off.

I think that, for a laptop, it's more important the sleep function than reading the SD/MMC cards.

Place the kext in another directory. When you need it, just run kextload and kextunload when you're done.

Have not tested it, but should work.