Latitude E6500 - Yosemite installation

howoarang

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand your procedure, but it doesn't run for me. 

And if you use myhack FULL repair, it copies myHack.kext to S/L/E folder. myHack.kext contains some other kexts (to see what, Show package contents)

this is the screenshot, while booting hangs on...

wtvdqp.jpg

• Administrators

You should repair permissions and rebuild cache manually. Current versions of myHack/myFix will always try to merge /E/E kexts with /S/L/E within my hack.kext, so if you did not install myHack utilities beforehand, you're heading for trouble. You can't just copy the myHack app to your Hack and run myFix.

• Administrators

'can't see why it would not boot with good old v4.0 or any unmodified more recent Kozlek's versions. Same goes for whatever version was used on the E6400. I don't think your problem is there. At worst, remove the plugins, keeping only the core FakeSMC kext.

Do you use native AppleACPIplatform.kext (in 10.9 or in 10.10) on your e6400?
in 10.9.4 is version 2.0
in 10.10 DP1 is version 3.1

Because my system won't boot with native AppleACPIPlatform.kext. I'm still using version 1.3.5 from OSX 10.7 for dell latitude. This 1.3.5 version is the same as myHack.kext included.

Thanks

I'm using native Yosemite AppleACPIPlatform.kext :) Power button doesn't work. I've test AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 from Mavericks bootpack and it doesn't change nothing, sometimes power button work but it's lotery :) I'm turn off my laptop from GUI :)

Sorry guys I'm on vacations and I'm not always online right now :C