[GUIDE] Dell Latitude E6x20 Yosemite Install

Agrerald

Plz plz can any body help me i imstalled everything according to the guide mount efi but when i custom install legecy clover in macintosh ssd no change happen to efi and but efi come in macintosh and i cant boot without usb plz

I cannot get it to start from SSD. (E6220 HD3000) I always need to boot from USB and have to uncheck the inject option.

First thing I realised is that nothing happened when i pressed F4 in 3.13.

Next thing is that at 4.5 the EFI partition is not mounted automatically. I did it manually and tried all other steps but it is not working. I even got errors compiling with MacIASL.

I have no idea what I can do to fix all of this :(

• Moderators

You probably can't boot without the USB because you don't have Clover installed properly.

F4 will extract the raw DSDT/SSDT file to /EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin so you could patch them later after you boot

The EFI partition will mount when you install Clover, however it'll only mount it the one time. After you reboot, it'll be unmounted.

If you need to access the EFI partition, use Clover Configurator 4.25. 

If you're installing El Capitan, I have all the patched DSDT and kexts in my El Capitan guide.

I just tried it again and it's working! 

There a only a few things that are not perfect. 

I still need to manually turn off the intel inject, otherwise it won't boot and only produce an ugly graphics bug. 

The sound is not working and I have no idea how to turn off the bluetooth.

Thank you very much for your help and the guide!

/edit:

okay, I could switch off bluetooth in bios. This works for me. But I still have a high pitched clicking noise. I've read that it may come from the bluetooth, but it looks like turning it off did not fix the problem. :(

• Moderators

You can remove the intel inject using Clover Configurator to change the Config file so you don't have to turn it off manually. But do you have full graphics acceleration with that option off?

Not sure what you mean by high pithed clicking noise. When is that occurring? Are you using voodooHDA or patched AppleHDA?

I turned it off and it's booting. :) Not sure if the acceleration works and I dont know how to test it. Browsing and using MacOS is smooth.

If I dont turn it off the following happens: Bootscreen with apple logo and the loading bar is filling. At about 1/3 of the bar filled the screen turns white, it looks like it's moving and a bit organic (dont know how to describe it). After some while the screen is completly white with a black bar (top to bottom, 2 cm wide)

Perhaps the high pitch clicking noise comes from the fact that I dont have sound right now. Will try to fix that asap - perhaps it helps. If not I will try and change the wifi card. Right now I'm using a wifi / bt combo card AR5B93. It occurs almost everytime but it looks like it stops when the processor is working harder. And I have no idea what HDA I use. How can I check it? I just followed the guide - I'm really new to all of this :/

Thanks again.