[GUIDE] Dell Latitude E6x20 Yosemite Install

Agrerald

Wow! I got it fully working (thus far), thanks Jake Lo! Boots fine without the usb drive plugged in.

Even Wi-Fi is working which had mysteriously gone dead in Mavericks.

I simply merged the efi folders instead of replacing.

I didn't even patch the dsdt, I was using one from Herve's mavericks guide, along with a self-generated ssdt (using rampagedev's guide). I just placed them both into the patched folder on the efi partition. (f4 didn;t seem to generate any files in the origin folder! Might just be the button isn't working.)

Have yet to fully test it, but I can confirm that the guide works for an E6420 with Intel HD3000, i5-2520M 1600x900 resolution!

Thanks Jake ! very helpful

1. In disable the Intel [+] to intel [] in the grahic injection menu of Clover. It works.

2. in Bios, Set SATA to AHCI

The OSX seems installed, but ethernet doesn't work. I have no internet access.

Q1: How could I fix it?

Now stuck at  Post installation phase,

7. Copy the EFI folder of usb to EFI partition.

Q2: How could I copy EFI folder to EFI partition, as I can only see EFI partition in Terminal.

8. Open /Install OSX Yosemite/EFI/efi/clover/acpi/origin, Copy dsdt.aml to your desktop.

9. Download MaciASL

Q3: Where could I download it?

10. Run MacIASL, go to Preferences and set to ACPI 4.0, then open dsdt.aml on your desktop. Click Patch button, download one of the patches here and apply:

- 1366x768: Download

- 1600x900: Download

Click Compile to check for errors, if no error, you can save the file with File Format: ACPI Machine Language Library, name DSDT.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of HDD EFI partition)

11. Open Clover Configurator and import config.plist (in EFI partiton) and edit those values:

·      ACPI > GeneratePStates/CStates: uncheck

·      SMBIS: create your new SMBIOS (Macbook Pro 8,1) with random Serial Number

Then EXPORT config.plist to /EFI/Clover/ of EFI partition

12. Open KextWizard and install dummyHDA.kext to S/L/E

13. Reboot your Laptop

Thanks very mcuh!

Amendment to previous post, the EFI drive did actually mount this time.

Just clarifying, in step 7 of post installation -copying the EFI folder from the usb drive to the EFI partition, am I supposed to overwrite the EFI folder in the EFI partition?

Hi MilkmanZ,

I installed clover several times, but  EFI drive didn't mount. I can't  find EFI in Finder.

Please could you guide?

Thanks! 

• Moderators

Hi MilkmanZ,

I installed clover several times, but  EFI drive didn't mount. I can't  find EFI in Finder.

Please could you guide?

Thanks! 

You can mount it using Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter.

You can then copy the EFI folder and continue with the rest of the install.

Thanks, Jake!

I did use clover configurator to mount EFI. Now it seems I did all steps. The only difference is I used a default 6220 DSDT for patch.

But I still couldn't bootup without USB. 

The progress is In BIOS I could added UEFI Boot Option. When I try to add boot option,BIOS shows "File System list" :

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(1x1F, 0x2)/Sata(0x0, 0x0)/HD(1, GPT, EFD3597B-1601-4.

Please could you guide?

ps, does Yoesmite support LAN adapter of E62220?

Some progress:

Ethernet works.

Pending issues:

1. Can't  boot up without USB

2. Wifi doesn't work. I brought a BCM4322 Wfi-bluetooth card and installed in the WLAN slot. But the system shows no PCI card installed. Anything else needs to be done?

3. No sound

4. Macintosh SSD just has 11.2G  I didn't have Windows system. I assignd whole SSD(128G) to OS X. 

Please advise!

Thanks very much!

• Moderators

1) Did you add /EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi to UEFI boot option in the BIOS and disable legacy?

2) Do you see it under Network/Wifi?

3) Did you install DummyHDA to System/Library/Extensions using Kexwizard?

4) Check diskutil and see if all 128gb is assign to OS X.

I'm completely baffled. I had everything working for one day, and then I mucked around with some settings to try stuff out, assuming I could just reinstall. I screwed everything up and had to reinstall fresh, following all the same steps, but I'm at a loss again. the EFI volume does not mount after installing clover, nor does anything install there. 

(Is there a way to manually do what clover does?) or through Terminal?

I tried step one from Jake Lo's post above to no avail. But I know for certain that I had booted direct to the internal drive, with no usb plugged in at least one time, and had wifi working. the only thing not working that time was audio despite having installed the dummy text. was hoping an upgrade of the os would solve, but never got there.

I'll post if I have any progress!

Quick question, why is installing to the EFI volume necessary. I dont recall having to do this with Mavericks. 

Dear. Its really so hard eventhought im not as bad in computer. I had given up over 5 times but dont know the reason I keep wasting my time on my e6220. And follows is my problem:

1- i cant boot without usb. I did not know the reason come from that I cant load the Clover interface when the first time i start the machine. I had installed again and again clover on Macintosh Ssd and copy EFI folder from zip file to EFI partion. I didnt know when the pc boot. It will boot from the EFI partion or Macintosh Ssd partion !

2- I can mount EFI partion with Clover Confi.... But when I restart my pc( with usb support) my EFI partion disappear again. its really pain. It just like I did not save my work after working with Clover Confirgu.... i did save before I leave.

3- i have no sound. Yes. i know what DummyHDA.kext is and where to put it in. ( macintosh ssd/system/library/extension ). When i check sound in Sys preferences. i didnt see any sound output device to select.

4- my screen split to 4 small screen. Same content but small. I have try to install yosemite thought 4 diffrence ways. And this is the first time my screen split like this. Of couse I had choice Dual link = 0 in Graphic by using Clovr Configu.... Like someone had showed in topic before. But its not work.

So. Would you please show me what to do now? Thanks alot for reading my text

• Like 1